Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas Uni Prof falsifies research "evidence"
This is classic. Some people will stoop very low indeed to get the "evidence" for their pet theories - specially when it comes to us :mad:

Quote:There’s a study out that’s causing quite a stir. It’s by Walter R. Schumm, a professor Kansas State University whose paper has appeared in latest issue of the Journal of Biosocial Science. (JBS was formerly The Eugenics Review from 1909 to 1968, at which time the Eugenics Society changed its journal’s name.) Schumm’s paper, titled “Children of homosexuals more apt to be homosexuals: A reply to Morrison and to Cameron based on an examination of multiple sources of data,” essentially picks up where a very similar 2006 paper by Paul Cameron left off, which claimed that 33% to 47% of children of gay parents wound up being gay. Schumm’s paper claims that children of gay parents were 1.7 to 12.1 times as likely to become gay as children of straight parents, “depending on the mix of child and parent genders.” The implication behind Schumm’s paper, as it was with Cameron’s, is that gay parenting can somehow influence a child’s sexuality, with the implication that homosexuality itself is not biological but determined according to how a child is raised.
However, what Professor Schumm fails to point out is that his so-called meta-data are gathered not from professional journals, as might be expected, but popular books describing the lives of kids who were growing up in families with same-sex parents!

Box Turtle Bulletin » “Children of Homosexuals” Researcher More Apt To Ape Paul Cameron

I'm thinking that even if it were true that gay couples produce gay offspring (I'm discounting children growing up in a gay family via adoption) then there still could be a genetic cause. The genes of the child would have to be formed from at least one parent that was gay.

And in any case, this would have been happening for aeons anyway, it was just that the gay parent was closeted or that the gay gene was in a family group where siblings or other relations of the parent(s) were gay.

How does the Professor argues the case about gay children who were brought up in a not gay family and in a heterosexual environment? Or is this not been included because it may damage his argument.

colinmackay Wrote:I'm thinking that even if it were true that gay couples produce gay offspring (I'm discounting children growing up in a gay family via adoption) then there still could be a genetic cause. The genes of the child would have to be formed from at least one parent that was gay.
I think the commissioning of this report was was to support the view that we could turn straight kids through nurturing them into homosexuality, thus proving how dangerous we are and that we should not be allowed anywhere near children.

colinmackay Wrote:And in any case, this would have been happening for aeons anyway, it was just that the gay parent was closeted or that the gay gene was in a family group where siblings or other relations of the parent(s) were gay.
A gay gene? I thought we'd got a bit beyond that idea :confused:

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:How does the Professor argues the case about gay children who were brought up in a not gay family and in a heterosexual environment? Or is this not been included because it may damage his argument.
Yes, well, there you go! But who said we had to be rational in our prejudice? This point is raised in the article.

I think the commissioning of this report was was to support the view that we could turn straight kids through nurturing them into homosexuality, thus proving how dangerous we are and that we should not be allowed anywhere near children.

Bingo...I think the majority of gay men and women (LETS SAY 99.999% FOR ARGUMENTS SAKE:biggrinSmile had heterosexual parents and it didn't rub off on them. These "studies" can turn out anything they like depending on their personal bias the the results they want to have. Unfortunately...people who want to believe this will swallow it up and reference it for years to come.

Only Bi/Pan/Asexual people should be allowed to collect such evidence.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Even if gay couples produce gay kids. Then what is wrong? What is wrong with the kids being gay?

What journal published this nonsense?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:What journal published this nonsense?
Cambridge Journals Online - Abstract

I'll have to wait together home to look at this properly (I'm on the iPhone). But if the CUP published this then there is a story here.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.