Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karma? NJ school board member Zoom toilet gaffe
[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000622203597.jpg?w=670]
Frances Cogelja resigned on Tuesday

A NEW Jersey school board member resigned after accidentally broadcasting herself going to bathroom in front of 150 people on a Zoom call, reports say.

Frances Cogelja, a trustee on the Hackensack Board of Education, mistakenly left her laptop camera on while she relieved herself in front of her colleagues and students on Monday.

[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000622204432.jpg?w=670]
A Zoom meeting attendee took a photograph of her on the toilet during the meeting

During the virtual meeting, Cogelja was seen sitting on the toilet while her camera was activated during the fraught conference, the Daily Voice reported.

The board recorded the Zoom meeting and the link was posted online but the toilet incident occurred during the public comments portion of the evening and is not featured.

The small thumbnail showing Cogelja was on another screen which wasn't recorded – but one eagle-eyed viewer who saw the live image took a photograph and posted it to a message board.

After her bathroom break, the New Jersey board’s vice president, Scott James-Vickery, told Cogelja: "You need to go."

"We’re here trying to get work done while you’re sitting on the toilet," he raged during the tense meeting.

The board had rejected Cogelja’s attempt to have their election date moved from April of next year to November before her toilet break.

[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000622203598.jpg?w=670]
The trustees have until January 29 to fill Cogelja's vacancy

She resigned on Tuesday, effective immediately, and the trustees have until January 29 to fill the vacancy.

Last year, Cogelja told the district’s acting superintendent she was "disgusted and appalled" that LGBTQ history would be added to the syllabus.

In a series of emails, she reportedly told acting Superintendent Rosemary Marks that she didn't agree with the new state law requiring schools to teach about LGBT history by September 2020.

Cogelja said an “alternate lifestyle narrative is being shoved [down] our children's throats” and repeatedly asked how she could opt her child out of learning about this topic, according to North Jersey.

"I have every right as a parent to not have my child participate in something that I do not think is suitable as part of a public school curriculum," Cogelja reportedly said.

"I believe conversations having to do with sexuality should be had at home between parents and their children."

She later apologized for her comments.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

That is kind of irresponsible to not only forget your webcam is one and secondly that during an important meeting that you decide to go relieve yourself. It isn't only because she is bigoted but she obviously is more concerned about taking a bathroom break during a meeting than attending it.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

As one of my fellow classmates said way back in the sixties when another classmate was refused a bathroom break in the middle of class, "It's kind of a natural body function so relieve yourself", the teacher gave him a pass
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

That's what she gets for taking the p (literally!) with her anti-gay views! LOL
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.