Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ketching-Up!
ljay Wrote:anyone who listens to the prairie home companion knows that ketchup has natural mellowing agents. The ketchup advisory board sponsors these announcements to the benefit of those who suffer from stress.
and it did f***in works. :d

I think I might use ketchup once every couple of years ...nothing really I would like to put it on. I usually have to throw away the bottle because I am afraid it has gone bad...

I like it on onion rings but I rarely eat them so I rarely need ketchup....

Drinking it? Nah...tomato juice makes me gag so I don't think I will be drinking ketchup anytime soon...

I quite like horseradish and wasabi and spicy mustard though...not sure if I would drink them...but I might give it a try LOL

ck86 Wrote:I like bloody Mary's. That's kinda like th drink version of ketchup right?! In the UK is there's a premix non alcoholic one called "Big Tom" that is a really spicy one. It's delish!
Haha, dramatically YES! wish i could try one but for the moment, I'm gonna have to just stick to the Ketchy, real one. Wink

LJay Wrote:CK, I wonder what would happen if you made a Bloody Mary with walnut or mushroom ketchup. Maybe call it a Woodsy Walt?
Sounds nerve wrecking. Try to make one LJay pls. & let us/me know how it works. Big Grin

Wade Wrote:This is a great subject! Lettuce all discuss it. When I make a burger I always choose ketchup, because that pickle make my taste buds go "mmmm, yummy." People who don't like the stuff mustard themselves when they taste ketchup. But you have to be careful because people who eat too much ketchup mayo-ver do it a bit. I'll be honest though, ketchup does get me a little... you know, excited. When I have ketchup it makes me want tomato so much with a pretty girl, you know what I mean? Ha ha.

I'm going to kill myself now.

Now that is weird Wade. I mean, you really went up to that feelings when sandwiching ey?! Big Grin

dynamodean Wrote:Hmm...can't say that I like ketchup quite like that. I do other things when I'm bored. Wink
Ouuu! Sounds intriguing. Big Grin And what are those things? Wink

So Yelly...what brand do you knock back?

Yelly, I'd be careful about ketchup, because there is a lot of sugar in it... can't be good for your figure, or your teeth...

Did you know that ketchup was originated in China as a sauce for fish?

East, I know what you mean. I do the cooking here and roomie eats ketchup on only ONE thing, meatloaf. Then he likes it absolutely smothered in the stuff before baking. So I buy a small bottle per meatloaf and use it all at once. For the few times I want ketchup on fires or such, I get a couple of those little packets from the fast food places. You should hear the lecture I get if I put ketchup on a hot dog or hamburger. I do it anyway.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Anyone who listens to the Prairie Home Companion knows that ketchup has natural mellowing agents. The Ketchup Advisory Board sponsors these announcements to the benefit of those who suffer from stress.

Alex, I'll take "Stuff Episcopalians Like" for $500, please.