Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid's just say what they're thinking....
Leandro, there are a huge number of opportunities to mentor a kid in NY. If you're interested, just do a search on child mentoring program nyc and you will have your pick from a lot of non-profits looking for adults to make a positive impact in a kid's life.

Leandro. Jay and I have pretty much committed to the idea of becoming foster parents in a few years instead of adopting or going the surrogate mother route. In fact that was one of the reasons for me starting the B&B s a long term career option because I'll be able to stay at home with kids and run it.

I know there are gay and lesbian foster parents in NYC and some of them are single.

In the past few years I am seriously considering fostering a child! for me life with a child in it makes it the more worth living. Thank you Camfer and Virge!!

reaper Wrote:This isn't really a joke, just something that happened last week that I found pretty funny.

So I'm doing my food shopping. I'm walking down the isle and pass a woman with a little girl seated in her cart. The kid was probably 4 I guess.

As I pass the little girls asks her mother in a loud voice, "mommy...why does that boy have long hair?"

I started cracking up laughing. I looked back and the woman was looking away really embarassed. I was still laughing and said don't worry about it.

That's it....I had a slow week!

I shave my head. Once when I was shopping a little boy asked His mom why I didn't have any hair. The mother looked horrified and embarrassed. I smiled, and told the kid it was because I didn't eat my vegetables and go to bed on time like my mom told me to. His mom smiled real big and looked so relieved and thankful. The kid on the other hand looked mortified.

Borg69 Wrote:I shave my head. Once when I was shopping a little boy asked His mom why I didn't have any hair. The mother looked horrified and embarrassed. I smiled, and told the kid it was because I didn't eat my vegetables and go to bed on time like my mom told me to. His mom smiled real big and looked so relieved and thankful. The kid on the other hand looked mortified.

lol, awesome!

The New Halloween avatar is appropriate for this thread. It's always fun to see what real small kids too young to count do when they see I'm missing a finger. Some of them turn my hand over looking for it. most look at mine and then at theirs and their parents trying to figure out if they have one too many fingers or what the deal is. Put me in a pack of 5 year old boys and I'm the most popular guy in the crowd. hahahahhaha!

I usually tell them it was bit off when I was fighting a bear.

Sorry, Virge, I can't resist.

Is it different with that hand?
I bid NO Trump!

I remember a time when it wasn't so common for men to shave their heads... Now it's really quite common, just like tattoos. I grew up in the hippie years, long hair and all...

LJay Wrote:Sorry, Virge, I can't resist.

Is it different with that hand?

That missing finger was probably eaten by his nose. Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:I remember a time when it wasn't so common for men to shave their heads... Now it's really quite common, just like tattoos. I grew up in the hippie years, long hair and all...

Some things change, and some stay the same.

I have long hair, and just like the 60's...people tell me to cut it!

NEVER!

When and if long hair becomes the thing....I'll already have it while everyone else suffers through the dreaded awkward phase.

That'll be my opportunity to rise to power!