Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda strange
you know, if there's one thing i find kinda strange, is that considering i have never once before had the chance to really hang out with LGBT people that much, aside from the two gays in my school and my boyfriend really, is that i would feel kinda awkward being around other LGBT people as well. I guess it's to be expected considering the so called "norms" that i have grown so accustomed to. It's just, while i would love to hang out with other LGBT people the thing of it is, i just feel a little weird when i AM around them. So question is, is that suppossed to be a normal thing when your accustomed to what others would consider "normal"? I dont mean to offend anybody, im just being honest here. it's always been this way for me, im just wondering if it's been like this for anyone else, and if it's something to expect or. Just a bit clueless here

I'm sure it's what we get used to. Considering gays may be around 2% of the population you are quite likely to have met fewer of them unless you seek them out and go where the boys go. You don't have to feel weird. I don't mind bi people Wink

straight people have issues hanging with their possible mating partners

See okai im out of the closet to my closest friends and family, and the thing is i have been trying to seek them out, only way i could really do that is myyearbook, considering i can;t really drive myself anywhere yet until around november this year, which hopefully by that time i will get my license. I mean, i love being around LGBT people cause i know i can be myself, hell just like i can be myself around my best friend Caleb, who is actually the first person i ever came out to. Granted, i dont care too much about acting macho or any of that stuff, it's just every time i would be around someone who is gay or lesbian or whatever, for some reason it;s just always awkward. idk if it's just me or what, but i guess the feeling should go away eventually...

Lovelyraveboy Wrote:See okai im out of the closet to my closest friends and family, and the thing is i have been trying to seek them out, only way i could really do that is myyearbook, considering i can;t really drive myself anywhere yet until around november this year, which hopefully by that time i will get my license. I mean, i love being around LGBT people cause i know i can be myself, hell just like i can be myself around my best friend Caleb, who is actually the first person i ever came out to. Granted, i dont care too much about acting macho or any of that stuff, it's just every time i would be around someone who is gay or lesbian or whatever, for some reason it;s just always awkward. idk if it's just me or what, but i guess the feeling should go away eventually...

Amigo.

You're 16.

Sixteen is AWKWARD by definition.

:biggrin:

Don't sweat it. Whether you realize it or not, the universe is unfolding as it should.

I can't post a link.
wikipedia--->Desiderata

I had 2 Lgtb (Or how ever you spell it) in my class when i was at High school. I was quite neutral to them. I never judged them but I always felt freaked out being around them, as I am still in the closet i feared that they might suspected that I was although i showed no signs of it.

Even though I am gay I dunno why but I don't go out looking fir gay friends on the gay scene, yes I agree it's nice to mix with others but I have my friends and close friends who happen to be straight who I have known for life. Maybe it's cause I'm young but I do feel uncomfortable with other gay guys.

I wet to the LBGT group at my university a few times, and it was always awkward. They were nice and everything, but we just didn't seem to have anything in common... other than the obvious, I guess.
Some of it may be due to the fact that I'm shy and don't really know gay people, I dunno. I have my own friends, and that's good enough for me. Smile

I am not really involved with the GBLT community other than my involvement here. Through work I know a few gays and lesbians, and a couple of collegues that have gay or lesbian kids. On a whole a majority of my friends are hetero, but I never really thought about it until I read this discussion.

Out of curiosity about 10 years ago I went to a few gay bars just to meet a few people, and to be honest with you, when you put a group of gay men together the atmosphere just reeks of drugs and sexual tension and lots and lots of flaming which pissed me off no end as I saw that this behaviour was what alienates gays and lesbians from the community as a whole, and that really really gives me the shits, why?

My friends, Family, and work collegues generally all know that I am gay. It's not something that I talk about, it's not something that I 'act out', it's just that if someone is going to ask me if I am gay, I am going to be honest with them and you know what work is like, gossip gossip gossip.

The thing is amongst my predominately heterosexual peers I don't feel the slightest bit alienated, I feel a part of their lives and them of mine because we all have our common interests.

If I was to have predominatly gay friends I WOULD feel alienated because too much focus would be placed on my sexuality, and being gay is only important for relationships....NOT friendships, because sex and sexuality plays no role what-so-ever in friendships, and so it shouldn't.

I mean when we park a car are we GAY parking a car
When we go shopping are we GAY shopping
When we get paid for word are we getting Gay pay

Be comfortable in your own skin, you don't need to have gay friends to validate your sexuality because your sexuality is as natural as you eye colour, but you're not going to go out and get blue-eyed friends just because you have that characteristic in common Wink