Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindle Continued
Kind of disappointed that this thread was closed when I discovered it. Here is the origonal question.

Has anyone moved into ebooks or are paperbacks still your thing. Do you read papers online rather than buy them. One Kindle/ereader in your flat or shelves of dusty books. What is your reading future?
[Image: user_offline.gif] [Image: infraction.gif] [Image: report.gif] [Image: post_thanks.gif]

writerkenView Public ProfileSend a private message to writerkenSend email to writerkenFind More Posts by writerkenAdd writerken to Your ContactsHas anyone moved into ebooks or are paperbacks still your thing. Do you read papers online rather than buy them. One Kindle/ereader in your flat or shelves of dusty books. What is your reading future?

I have a Kindle, its my second one, and it has fallen to the same sickness my first one did, the frozen screen. Is this a problem others have had? On the larger scale, I have a lot of E books on my computer, it's a lot easier than buying them one at a time.
Richard

ardus Wrote:... I have a Kindle, its my second one, and it has fallen to the same sickness my first one did, the frozen screen.
first guess, sounds like it needs a microsoft hardware reset, google ( how to reset a kindle )

my partner has a Kindle and he loves it. it runes forever on one charge. he installed the freed kindle app on his iphone and uses that too. another free application CALIBRE, will convert any PDF to the Kindle format and email to the Kindle for reading.

i am sorry i dont see any bad here. paper books will fade away like vinyl records.

I love the Kindle and the E books, I just don't like that it hasn't worked well for me.
Richard

ardus Wrote:I love the Kindle and the E books, I just don't like that it hasn't worked well for me.
Richard

did you try to reset the thing using this method

Contrary to its name, Kindle doesn't burn as well as paper. :tongue:

I personally am wary of screens to read from. Perhaps its a matter of age? Or perhaps the whole reading this is my ability to curl up in bed, thumb at the corner of the page and have that satisfactory flip of the page.

There is a warmth, a feeling (emotional) that I have with books.

Of course I have over 3000 books here in the house and several boxes in storage....

I have both ,
I use the free program Calibre and have in the vicinity of 4000 ebooks.
When I travel it's easier for me to use ebooks.

I have a Kindle. I like the ability to buy any book, any time, without leaving the house. I'm an independent writer, so I'm pro-Kindle, because Kindle Direct Publishing has given me the ability to publish my work and make money, enough to leave my part-time job. I write under a few different pseudonyms, one of which is "Todd Young".

I still read print books, though I usually only do so when I can't find a book that I want to read in Kindle format. Often these are older books that haven't been converted yet.

There are plenty of other ereaders besides the Kindle - the Nook, Kobo's ereader, Sony ereader and etc. Kindle isn't the only option if you're looking for an ereader. MobileRead.com is a great forum if you're looking for an ereader and want some advice on what is best to buy.

When I bought my Kindle it cost me around $300. They're $109 now.

I've considered getting one for my mum.
Not sure she'd use it much mind...:redface:

It's annoying how the US gets the Kindle Touch unlike the UK AND all their prices are 30-40% cheaper due to having the same price, but in US Dollars and not Pound Sterling.Rolleyes
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I got the chance to play with a Kindle fire for a short while & gotta say it does look cool! The black & white version seemed so dull/boring in comparison Smile

That being said, simple fact is I don't I don't read books anymore (just takes too much time LOL) so other than a 'toy' for things such as surfing the net I wouldn't have much use for one..

Also (and call me old-fashioned here) personally I'd still prefer reading a 'real' (paper) book...and while I'd be ok paying for the device itself, I would have a real problem with paying for "nothing" - what some may call 'content' or 'files' or 'ebooks' ...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Contrary to its name, Kindle doesn't burn as well as paper. :tongue:

Perhaps the idea behing the name is that after Kindle, the best use for paper books would be kindling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.