Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
covid
Have you tried meal replacement shakes, but instead of replacing a meal, having one or two between meals?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • eastofeden

(08-31-2020, 05:20 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: Have you tried meal replacement shakes, but instead of replacing a meal, having one or two between meals?
No...are they dairy shakes?

@eastofeden I think @CellarDweller is talking about stuff like slimfast (not necessarily that brand) and they might have some lactose in them...so it is safe to say they have some dairy. If things tasting bad is the problem perhaps adding flavors/seasonings that do taste good to you to whatever it is, even if it isn't something you would normally do. Like my mom, for reasons unknown to me, likes peanut butter and pickles...I find it gross but I guess you get the idea.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • eastofeden

(08-31-2020, 09:33 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @eastofeden I think @CellarDweller is talking about stuff like slimfast (not necessarily that brand) and they might have some lactose in them...so it is safe to say they have some dairy. If things tasting bad is the problem perhaps adding flavors/seasonings that do taste good to you to whatever it is, even if it isn't something you would normally do. Like my mom, for reasons unknown to me, likes peanut butter and pickles...I find it gross but I guess you get the idea.
Ah - OK - Thanks! 

I am also lactose/dairy free and also gluten free but that isn't about covid. I do eat coconut or almond milk ice cream - maybe they have shakes with those as a base?

@eastofeden It appears they do, I looked and Ensure makes a plant-based protein shake which contains no dairy, no soy, and gluten free from what I can tell. Not sure if you have a CVS over where you're at but...

https://www.cvs.com/shop/ensure-plant-ba...did-883785
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • eastofeden

(09-01-2020, 08:16 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @eastofeden It appears they do, I looked and Ensure makes a plant-based protein shake which contains no dairy, no soy, and gluten free from what I can tell. Not sure if you have a CVS over where you're at but...

https://www.cvs.com/shop/ensure-plant-ba...did-883785
Cool - Thanks! WE have CVS and I will check today. Thanks again - I stopped weighing myself LOL. I never remember trying to gain weight.
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

(09-01-2020, 10:05 PM)eastofeden Wrote: I stopped weighing myself LOL. I never remember trying to gain weight.

So did I! Laugh Not for the same reason Blush
Check out my stuff!