Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L'assedio di Corinto (Rossini)
I just discovered this recording of Marilyn Horne's voice in the Siege of Corinth (An Opera by Gioacchino Rossini) which happens to be on YouTube... So, if you'd just like to share something quite magnificent and moving... here goes:

Another wonderful rendition (probably later since it's 1994) by one of my favourite divas Cecilia Bartoli... Ok, ok, she tends to make funny faces when she's singing, but concentrate on the voice and the quality of her technique and the sincerity in her voice... (the aria is mid video) Du pur bonheur:

If interested in a bunch a new(ish) classical files on MP3, please contact me via PM and I'll send you a Rapidshare link.

Aww nice, are you passionate about opera PA?

spotysocks Wrote:Aww nice, are you passionate about opera PA?

Having sung in several myself, I know all the work that goes into them. Some are just pure moments of joy (or sadness sometimes) but always elating. Yes, I think you can say that I like the opera... That link at Rapidshare is ready, folks, if you'd like it. There is some medieval music to accompany it.

spotysocks Wrote:Aww nice, are you passionate about opera PA?

This YouTube is from a French classic by Léo Delibes: Lakhmé. It is called l'air des clochettes or the "chime aria". Nathalie Dessay has the right voice for such an aria:

or this one:

The second one has better quality. The famous chimes start at around minute 4:30.

princealbertofb Wrote:Having sung in several myself, I know all the work that goes into them. Some are just pure moments of joy (or sadness sometimes) but always elating. Yes, I think you can say that I like the opera... That link at Rapidshare is ready, folks, if you'd like it. There is some medieval music to accompany it.

You can sing opera?? :eek:

omg, i cant sing the national hymn... lol

thanks for the link .

And although Nathalie Dessay makes a more credible Lakhmé than these two divas, I'm sure you'll enjoy the sheer professionalism of these ladies in another of Delibes' delights:

Thanks for the share princealbertofb.

The last one with the woman in green has all the best drag queens beat - hands down. Loved watching her - even when she wasnt singing.

Have you seen a lot of opera live?

In Japan an older woman took a liking to me and treated me to many traditional Japanese arts including Kabuki, Super Kabuki, Noe and some western opera.

I saw Madam Butterfly twice. First performed in a small auditorium. We were near the front and you could barely hear some of the performers. Made me wonder about mics and the such...

We then saw an international cast (super expensive tickets). It was magnificent & so emotional.

What do you think of Diamanda Galas? Some of her stuff makes me weep.

fjp999 Wrote:Thanks for the share princealbertofb.

The last one with the woman in green has all the best drag queens beat - hands down. Loved watching her - even when she wasnt singing.

Have you seen a lot of opera live?

In Japan an older woman took a liking to me and treated me to many traditional Japanese arts including Kabuki, Super Kabuki, Noe and some western opera.

I saw Madam Butterfly twice. First performed in a small auditorium. We were near the front and you could barely hear some of the performers. Made me wonder about mics and the such...

We then saw an international cast (super expensive tickets). It was magnificent & so emotional.

What do you think of Diamanda Galas? Some of her stuff makes me weep.

Well, I'm afraid I haven't heard nor heard of Diamanda Galas... Is she Greek?