Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT "Community" is Over....
If there ever was a "community"...it will be fractured and fucked from now on. I doubt there ever was one though....not since the 70s and 80s anyway....

I am watching gay people flock to Trump and Pence now..and THIS is what you are voting for...

1. Supporting a constitutional amendment to ban marriage equality

In 2006, then-Rep. Pence told 100 of his fellow Republicans that he supported a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex weddings. Or as Pence put it, supported “God’s plan” in the face of the destruction of civilization. “Societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family,” Pence complained.

2. Signed a bill to jail same-sex couples for applying for a marriage license

In an effort to make a bad idea even worse, as governor Pence signed a bill in 2013 that would jail same-sex couples in Indiana who applied for a marriage license. To prove that he wasn’t singling gay people out, Pence was also willing to jail marriage clerks who supplied a license or clergy who performed the wedding.

3. Wanted to divert funding from HIV prevention to conversion therapy

This one’s a two-fer: as a Congressional candidate in 2000, Pence wrapped two awful ideas into a single dreadful proposal. He wanted to ensure that “federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus.” So where should the money go? “Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.” In other words, conversion therapy.

4. Opposed repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell

Longing for the good old days of complete invisibility for gay people, Pence predictably ignored the preponderance of evidence in support of repealing Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Instead, Pence put himself out there as a leading opponent of the policy change. “There’s no question to mainstream homosexuality within active duty military would have an impact on unit cohesion,” Pence argued, dismissing the repeal as “some liberal domestic social agenda.”

5. Complained about the passage of the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes bill

In Pence’s ideal world, there would be zero protections. So it’s no surprise that he groused when the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes bill was signed into law in 2009. Pence didn’t cite legal objections. Instead, he complained that it advanced a “radical social agenda” and would have “a chilling effect on religious expression, from the pulpits, in our temples, in our mosques and in our churches.”

6. Served on the board of an antigay group

Pence has had a close relationship with the antigay leadership in his state. He served on the board of the Indiana Family Institute, an affiliate of Focus on the Family, which has been in the forefront of attacks on LGBT rights in the state, including a state constitutional amendment banning marriage equality. Thanks to its connections to Pence and other Republicans, IFI has been the recipient of funding for the state’s “Health Marriage” program. The former head of IFI has served as an aide to Pence both in Congress and the state house and as a campaign consultant.

7. Argued that passing ENDA would ban Bibles from the workplace

Of course, in Congress Pence voted against federal workplace protections. What was unique was his reasoning, which was that ENDA would discriminate against Christians. To comply with the law, Pence claimed, “the employer has to ban employees from having a Bible at the workplace for their break time, or displaying Bible verses.” Foreshadowing the Indiana religious liberty law, he went on: “We must stand for the right of every American to practice their faith according to the dictates of their conscience, whether it be in the public square or in the workplace.”

...and for the rest of your lifetimes...there will only be a Conservative Supreme Court..and they do NOT like you...

Way to go unraveling years and years of hard work....

The Republican Party you guys love now...they have the worst anti LGBT language to date...

Forget about the fact you are on the same team as Michelle Bachmann and David Duke....

I have to leave this website now....too many of you here...it makes me sick. I don't want to watch this anymore....

I am not coming back this time ...as far as I am concerned most of you are now my enemy....bye guys...

I am asking Andy to delete me permanently.

Hillary isn't any better, just saying.
She lies, and is so damn inconsistent.
At the start of her campaign, she was against gay marriage. Then because of some new info she changed her mind. But the thing is, one week she is against something, then the next she's for it. She'll say anything to get votes, even if she doesn't really mean it.
Also, fake as heck smile.

Both of the candidates are horrible.
Shame Hillary forced Bernie to quit. He'd be a much better president.

Whoa now I know there are a few people who support Trump, however...me isn't one of them and most aren't.

The problem is everyone gets sucked into the so-called here and now...like "Oh nevermind what we said in 2000 and whatever, trust us." However that's every politicians tactics, I promise everything and screw you when I get office.

At any rate. People, LGBT or not, vote for Trump either because they're just going to vote republican period, or they hate Clinton for all the controversy, as they see it, surrounding her. Or they are simply scared into voting for Trump just as many people are voting for Clinton because there are no other better choices.

I do think it is fair to say that we have two really bad candidates.

I also think it is silly to get upset at people who want to vote for Trump, as disgusting as it may be....they are exercising their right to vote, freedom of expression...as misinformed as they may be.

So yeah I think LGBT for Trump is quite shameful, just goes to show, not how there isn't an LGBT community, but how dysfunctional people are in this country, they just read whatever political meme on Facebook and take it as the truth....that's what's scary.... We're all kept busy with our lives, our jobs and crap that we don't have a fucking clue what is really going on other than the watered down, biased view we get from TV and go about making our choices from there.

However, in all of this, I do agree you have to be crazy to be LGBT and support Trump...or the republican party in general...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Woah m8 hold on there, who all is "flocking" to Trump? I have seen practically no one here say they are voting Trump. (im going third party) where I agree with several of trumps pointed out problems *economy* I disagree with how he plans to fix most of them.
I hope I was not one that upset you although I feel I was because I was downing both party members :S.

Your a valued member of GS and your opinions are valued, please reconsider. Everyone has different thoughts just the way things are, if everyone loved the same things there would be little reason to communicate at all. Rivalries and different opinions are things that keep peoples minds from going dull, they may give new thoughts or ideas. Just take a break and come back Smile.

Wow I just lost a lot of respect for you East. This political hissy fit is unworthy of you and storming off like a child is pathetic.

This is the really weird thing about Americans you all take your politics so damn personally. You don't need to engage with people politically if you dont want to especially on this site which isn't even political in nature.

Voting for Trump is a terrible idea especially for gay people but they're entitled to do so and it's not their fault they're illogical, their understanding of the situation is flawed. Don't get so uppity about it.

Ah well if you do leave I'll miss you east.

East, I'm sorry to read this. I can relate to the anger and frustration. I wish you'd reconsider though, your voice and perspective are valuable in so many ways - especially in the face of this kind of bullshit. There's not a lot of use in arguing or trying to change who a person votes for. But asking you to stay is not about them, fuck them. It's for those of us who feel as you do, and how the experience and wisdom behind your words and contributions would be a big loss for us.

I'm not going to bother debating the "facts" as presented... since the first one I looked up (#2) is patently false...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...s/2504767/

Quote:They date back at least to 1997, when the state's marriage laws were recodified by the legislature. And they may have been on the books much longer, since they don't specifically address same-sex marriage. Instead, they generally address perjury on a marriage license application and attempts to perform marriages not allowed by law.

Indiana passed its same-sex marriage ban in 1986.

Read the whole thing, it's about committing perjury on the marriage license.

I guess you subscribe to gays must march lockstep with the Democrats or they're not gay. Like the one editorial saying Peter Thiel isn't gay just because he has sex with other men and identifies as gay.

I have no comment on the political shit other than to say that the whole Hillary/Trump thing is a clusterfuck.

That said, I hope you change your mind, [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION]. IMO, you're one of the true treasures of this place.

I understand, agree with and support everything you say. And, to those who think that we take our politics "too seriously"..........Yes, we do, because politics affects every aspect of our lives.

I understand why you want to leave. I'll just say that having you leave would be a major loss to the forum, because you're very often a sensible voice of reason, and things you've said have helped me and, I'm sure, many others as well.

I have an elderly neighbor who was active in the fight for women's rights, and it infuriates her as well to see young women ignoring the very real risks that this election poses to them.

It seems like there's no true purpose, no sense of community, anywhere among any group anymore.

Gemini Wrote:I understand, agree with and support everything you say. And, to those who think that we take our politics "too seriously"..........Yes, we do, because politics affects every aspect of our lives.

I understand why you want to leave. I'll just say that having you leave would be a major loss to the forum, because you're very often a sensible voice of reason, and things you've said have helped me and, I'm sure, many others as well.

I have an elderly neighbor who was active in the fight for women's rights, and it infuriates her as well to see young women ignoring the very real risks that this election poses to them.

It seems like there's no true purpose, no sense of community, anywhere among any group anymore.

Exactly, for some of us this more than just politics and discussion topics. Yes I am concerned about Pence and his positions on the LGBT community. But things like how Trump views immigration, race relations, women's rights... all of that is so much more troubling to me than how Clinton handled emails. Those are real life problems that affect me and the communities I am from and a part of. That he is giving a platform for the white nationalists of this country is disturbing. That he could have the power to put Supreme Court judges in places is frightening. I mean we all have different perspectives and priorities but that a politician is corrupt is far less of an issue in my mind than what comes with Trump. And it's not like he is without his shady business too.

Welcome to the world of a third party member that you don't like either of the major candidates. So vote third down the ballot. Third parties need a foundation before we can put a president on top. And knowing that this is ultimately a fight between Trump and Clinton, if you live in a state that could go either way, I don't see how anyone who truly believes in what Stein, Johnson, or Sanders wants, could in good conscious do anything that would open a path for Trump. I'm not telling people how to vote. I'm just asking people to think about how they are going to feel about their protest vote if we wake up on Nov 9th with Trump having won the election.