Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT Republican Group GOProud Going Out of Business
yay!!!!!! Sorry for being bitchy. You have now made me have some faith in humanity Smile

Im having one of them days where everyone seems to be talking over me and not at me Sad

...and I just read that the Texas GOP denied the gay Republicans booths at their convention

Two Republican gay rights groups said on Thursday they had been denied booths at the party's upcoming Texas convention after being told their sexuality runs counter to the party's views.

The party platform states: "The practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society and contributes to the breakdown of the family unit. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country's founders, and shared by the majority of Texans."

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-gay-rig...32075.html

Charming.....

East Wrote:...and I just read that the Texas GOP denied the gay Republicans booths at their convention

Two Republican gay rights groups said on Thursday they had been denied booths at the party's upcoming Texas convention after being told their sexuality runs counter to the party's views.

The party platform states: "The practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society and contributes to the breakdown of the family unit. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country's founders, and shared by the majority of Texans."

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-gay-rig...32075.html

Charming.....
Fuck Republicans! Fuck the Tea Party! Fuck the right wing! It's Sharia law by Christianity.

A shame really.
The party will have to shift left and allow such elements eventually...or fall into obscurity.(assuming social trends continue)

Genersis Wrote:A shame really.
The party will have to shift left and allow such elements eventually...or fall into obscurity.(assuming social trends continue)

Obama is closer to the right than he is the left so the "centrists" already have a place to go....

The only time the left gets a bone is when they need us to show up at the voting booth and want to insure we don't split the vote...hence the nod for marriage equality before the elections. We have to plug our noses a lot to mark X in the spot...but they know how to energize the base when they need to....I will give them that. They might hate us but if we don't show up...they are screwed.

If the actual Republicans took a look at the man and the party they might find out they have more in common with him than they think.

I haven't been here long enough to post links dang it. So you may be inconvenienced fact checking me.

I've been reading through all the sections here trying to decide if I can make a difference here. That sounds strange, doesn't it? What do I know? I'm just a 26 y/o gay guy who lives 6 hours from the closest gay in the northern midwest USA. Former USMC, blah blah blah.

Don't take this personally! I'm trying to show you guys a very important issue. Please!
Some of the comments here hit on the tips of some things I've been following and watching since I was 19. I'll be bringing them up here and I bet you guys will like them. There's one thing I go out of my way when I start a thread or make comments. I really hate having to apologize for saying something that someone else took time I should have taken to research before I said it and made a fool out of myself. To avoid the need to apologize I redundantly fact-check my crap and never trust a left or right wing source without looking for a neutral POV with all the facts both sides omitted from their news spinjobs.

The only true thing Iceblink said was about the way the conservatives are headed "It's Sharia law by Christianity." But I can bet he doesn't know how true it is. I'll get to that in a day or two.
The rest of what he said was butt wind and I apologize for saying it that way. But on the politeness meter that rates better than some of the things he and others have said here.

Here's just one example...
"They worshiped Ann Coulter." No, sorry. They didn't.
search these key words
Log cabin repubs denounce Ann Coulter
Log Cabin Repubs call Ann Coulter Clownish and more
Gay Republican Groups Battle Over Ann Coulter Anti-Gay Comments
Log Cabin repudiates Ann Coulter’s endorsement of ‘reparative therapy.’
Log Cabin Head says Ann Coulter's nastiness had no limits

I won't even go into the other untruths spread in here about conservative republicans in just a few comments. I could have easily become a LC Repub --- but ---- I picked a different path. I'm in this for something neither of the polemic parties are ---- HONESTY. Anyone who believes a single word coming from a politician in the USA is a fool. Anyone who thinks a politician in the USA is doing something 'out of the goodness of their heart' to benefit others is an even bigger fool. Their #1 priority is to stay in office and everything they say or do is focused to achieve that. The politics of the 'gay issue' is all a game to them. When the going gets tough they'll switch positions so fast it'll feel like we've been slapped by a diesel truck.

It makes me sick to hear gay people oooh and ahhh over Obama changing his position on gay marriage. It only makes the 6th time he's flip flopped since before he ran for the Illinois senate. Fact check me on that.

Back to LC Repubs and this idea they've done nothing for gay marriage or any other gay cause... I was 13 when LOG CABIN REPUBLICANS went against all political wisdom and advice to a file suit to repeal BILL CLINTON's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" that led to a huge increase (nearly double) of the number of gays dishonorably kicked out of the US armed forces. They won a victory that they asked and received no credit for.
Fact check me on that.

The LCR began in the 1970s before there was any national political gay group in the Democratic Party. They began as a direct response to the first big poltical national debate over 'gay rights' brought on by Anita Bryant, her husband, Bob Greene and Jerry Falwell to pass an ordinance in Miami Florida to make it illegal to rent apartments or sell houses to gays. Guess who won that? Guess who never asked for and received any credit?
Fact check me on that.
Pull up here wikipedia page and Bob Greene's links on Huff post and stonewall

Her husband was the #1 Radio DJ in South Florida and a real estate tycoon.
They lost E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G they had. divorced, bankrupt, couldn't buy a career after that.
The motto of the movement that became LCR was.
"we aren't in this to win anything, but make sure they lose everything."

The bottom line is all we have to do is change a few nouns in some of the comments to 'gays' and "homosexuals' and the words would sound like they came from christian fundamentalists instead of intelligent gay people.

I'm refuse to stoop to their level of hate, ignorance and bigotry. I hope all of you can understand that hold yourselves to higher standards than the people we must be united to conquer.

My real name's Virgil.
If you feel like cussing me out for this don't waste space here to do it.
You can PM me and I promise you I won't get mad about anything you might have to say. All I'm interested in is honesty and truth and criticism doesn't bother me. After we all settle down and work with the honest truth then some wonderful things can happen.

One day I'll let you in on how I know all this stuff. It's a great story.

This thread was about GOProud, not Log Cabin Republicans.

Ann Coulter Named GOProud's "Gay Icon," Will Serve as Council Chair
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/08/...ncil-chair

GOProud Cofounder Defends Ann Coulter Tweet on Coming Out Day
http://www.advocate.com/society/activism...ng-out-day

Ann Coulter Joins Advisory Council of GOP Homosexual Group
http://www.christianpost.com/news/conser...ion-53709/

memechose Wrote:I haven't been here long enough to post links dang it. So you may be inconvenienced fact checking me.

I've been reading through all the sections here trying to decide if I can make a difference here. That sounds strange, doesn't it? What do I know? I'm just a 26 y/o gay guy who lives 6 hours from the closest gay in the northern midwest USA. Former USMC, blah blah blah.

Don't take this personally! I'm trying to show you guys a very important issue. Please!
Some of the comments here hit on the tips of some things I've been following and watching since I was 19. I'll be bringing them up here and I bet you guys will like them. There's one thing I go out of my way when I start a thread or make comments. I really hate having to apologize for saying something that someone else took time I should have taken to research before I said it and made a fool out of myself. To avoid the need to apologize I redundantly fact-check my crap and never trust a left or right wing source without looking for a neutral POV with all the facts both sides omitted from their news spinjobs.

The only true thing Iceblink said was about the way the conservatives are headed "It's Sharia law by Christianity." But I can bet he doesn't know how true it is. I'll get to that in a day or two.
The rest of what he said was butt wind and I apologize for saying it that way. But on the politeness meter that rates better than some of the things he and others have said here.

Here's just one example...
"They worshiped Ann Coulter." No, sorry. They didn't.
search these key words
Log cabin repubs denounce Ann Coulter
Log Cabin Repubs call Ann Coulter Clownish and more
Gay Republican Groups Battle Over Ann Coulter Anti-Gay Comments
Log Cabin repudiates Ann Coulter’s endorsement of ‘reparative therapy.’
Log Cabin Head says Ann Coulter's nastiness had no limits

I won't even go into the other untruths spread in here about conservative republicans in just a few comments. I could have easily become a LC Repub --- but ---- I picked a different path. I'm in this for something neither of the polemic parties are ---- HONESTY. Anyone who believes a single word coming from a politician in the USA is a fool. Anyone who thinks a politician in the USA is doing something 'out of the goodness of their heart' to benefit others is an even bigger fool. Their #1 priority is to stay in office and everything they say or do is focused to achieve that. The politics of the 'gay issue' is all a game to them. When the going gets tough they'll switch positions so fast it'll feel like we've been slapped by a diesel truck.

It makes me sick to hear gay people oooh and ahhh over Obama changing his position on gay marriage. It only makes the 6th time he's flip flopped since before he ran for the Illinois senate. Fact check me on that.

Back to LC Repubs and this idea they've done nothing for gay marriage or any other gay cause... I was 13 when LOG CABIN REPUBLICANS went against all political wisdom and advice to a file suit to repeal BILL CLINTON's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" that led to a huge increase (nearly double) of the number of gays dishonorably kicked out of the US armed forces. They won a victory that they asked and received no credit for.
Fact check me on that.

The LCR began in the 1970s before there was any national political gay group in the Democratic Party. They began as a direct response to the first big poltical national debate over 'gay rights' brought on by Anita Bryant, her husband, Bob Greene and Jerry Falwell to pass an ordinance in Miami Florida to make it illegal to rent apartments or sell houses to gays. Guess who won that? Guess who never asked for and received any credit?
Fact check me on that.
Pull up here wikipedia page and Bob Greene's links on Huff post and stonewall

Her husband was the #1 Radio DJ in South Florida and a real estate tycoon.
They lost E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G they had. divorced, bankrupt, couldn't buy a career after that.
The motto of the movement that became LCR was.
"we aren't in this to win anything, but make sure they lose everything."

The bottom line is all we have to do is change a few nouns in some of the comments to 'gays' and "homosexuals' and the words would sound like they came from christian fundamentalists instead of intelligent gay people.

I'm refuse to stoop to their level of hate, ignorance and bigotry. I hope all of you can understand that hold yourselves to higher standards than the people we must be united to conquer.

My real name's Virgil.
If you feel like cussing me out for this don't waste space here to do it.
You can PM me and I promise you I won't get mad about anything you might have to say. All I'm interested in is honesty and truth and criticism doesn't bother me. After we all settle down and work with the honest truth then some wonderful things can happen.

One day I'll let you in on how I know all this stuff. It's a great story.

It is true..GO PROUD is different than LCR but for me....

I HATED RONALD REAGAN MORE THAN I HAVE EVER HATED ANOTHER HUMAN BEING though this one girl I know and Sarah Palin came close.....

LCR loved him...we were at odds back then and have stayed at odds.