Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT terms
ok since ive only begun to embrace my gayness (thanks to you guys, seriously) i have been wanting to know some terms that i have been encountering in the gay community .. i know abt "bear," "otter," "twink." but i have been encountering words like "poz" and "pig." "Poz" is a relatively new term for me and i get that it means "positive" like HIV positive positive. What about "pig," what is a pig and other terms you may want us novices to know.

Well I honestly didn't know until I Googled it lol

A pig is someone who does raunchy things like as one reference cited, lick armpits...

There's all kinds of labels... I hate it. Why are we as a "community" find more ways to label everyone based on their appearance...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I don't understand the fascination with having to pigeon hole our selves.

Ok I fancy guys, that makes me gay. Great.
But why would I need to run around telling everybody that, publicly labeling myself?

I like a certain type of guys, and I have certain sexual preferences... just like everybody else on the planet.
I don't label myself, I'm just plain old me, like it or lump it.

I've no idea what half the terms mean, and if I'm honest I really don't care.

axle2152 Wrote:There's all kinds of labels... I hate it. Why are we as a "community" find more ways to label everyone based on their appearance...

Makes it easier to get the kind of sexual partner that you want and theres nothing wrong with that. For me the problem only arises when those terms crop up outside of purely sexual conversations.

It's completely classless to introduce people to your friend as a "bear". You introduce them to your friend Stan a quick-witted habatchi chef with an interest in music. It's just a question of priorities.

[MENTION=22948]TigerLover[/MENTION] Yeah that is true but from my perspective it is to cater "twinks" because everyone wants one (until you meet one). I mean I while I don't take anyone on the "dating" apps seriously it still irks me that I see people who are say 27 and they're like no one over 30! or they think I'm fat or whatever. I get having standards and being picky, I am both but taking things so far when a number or a label matter more than the subsistence I think there's a problem with it. I mean maybe that's just something chubby guys say lol I suppose if I had a slender build I would tote that twink shit all over the place... However I don't seem to fit any category...

But if you like labels here you go...

http://www.studiomoh.com/fun/census/results.php
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I've never read into the labels too much even though I have an understanding of what most of them mean, its just a way for gay men to categorise each other so that they can pick and choose the traits of guys who they would prefer to be with. Unfortunately this does lead into the realm of discrimination also which is why I wished the gay community would stop labelling itself like this.

axle2152 Wrote:However I don't seem to fit any category...

Oh puhleeze, you're a total dork cub. Own it.

Wait until you start looking up dating profiles or ginder profiles. That shit looks like the alphabet threw up on itself and choked a few times, and threw up the rest.

Cobalt Wrote:Wait until you start looking up dating profiles or ginder profiles. That shit looks like the alphabet threw up on itself and choked a few times, and threw up the rest.

Oh yeah the grindr "tribes"

It's crazy... Labels are things we can do without. I'm sure people can find the type of guy they want without labeling each other...
Check out my stuff!

I wonder what label I would be?
Hmm... I'm a bit geeky because I love my PS4, I'm a bit manly because I love my car and the pub, I'm also quite tall with 'big shoulders' as my nan used to say, hmm