Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LJay has reached 100 Posts!
East Wrote:Wellll...

I bought 3 cool Orrefors Crystal Decanters...
They did make fine glass. I don't have any except 1980s stemware. I do like glass in general, but it is a gamble to own it in the SF bay area - when the quake comes . . .

LJay Wrote:Andy, do I get a prize? I like chocolate.
Congrats - I think its only membership in the President's Circle.

Congratulations Smile

Congratulations. Smile
An eye for an eye

HIkerSkier Wrote:They did make fine glass. I don't have any except 1980s stemware. I do like glass in general, but it is a gamble to own it in the SF bay area - when the quake comes . . .

LOL...yeah...the next earthquake I will be screwed most likely. The 1989 one though...most of my house was in the center of the room but my pottery and glass made it OK because I used putty to keep them on the shelf and brackets to keep those cabinets attached to the wall. I learned to do this because in the 1984 Morgan Hill earthquake my Dad lost all his old German Beer Steins...over 400 of them

Congrats LJay. Well done!

You glass lovers might get a kick out of my situation. I do like nice glass but live with a roommate that really can't see the difference between a mason jar and Waterford. It is a bit frustrating, but I adapt by using Grandma's old Fostoria on my desk and hiding the Waterford behind crashproof barriers. I don't have anything particularly precious but there is nostalgia involved and I compensate by sneaking out a piece now and then for fun.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:You glass lovers might get a kick out of my situation. I do like nice glass but live with a roommate that really can't see the difference between a mason jar and Waterford.

EEK!Scared

Quote:It is a bit frustrating, but I adapt by using Grandma's old Fostoria on my desk and hiding the Waterford behind crashproof barriers. I don't have anything particularly precious but there is nostalgia involved and I compensate by sneaking out a piece now and then for fun.

Yeah..it would be frustrating. My friend who is 87 and from England...she has wall to wall massive amounts of Victorian Glass throughout her house...I wouldn't dare touch anything and I have to think about it constantly when I am there because I talk with my hands and body alot

Congratulations and keep up the good work Smile