Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LTR trouble - requesting advice
bt45458 Wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone. We've been talking a lot - deep talking and so far, so good. The root of everything is really falling into the day-to-day rut of life and letting our relationship go on auto pilot. The "thrill" is a sneaky thing. We thought we could keep control of everything...well of course the serpent reared its ugly head.

Our discussions this week haven't been the greatest topics, but what feels really good is the raw honesty that we are having with each other. This honesty is much more intimate than any physical act could ever enable. I'm in a much better place now than when i posted the other day. I also feel good about our maturity with the situation. No yelling, no crying, no storming out, no silent treatment, no manipulation. Just talking and rebuilding. Even a few years ago I think I might have been reacting much differently than today. That feels good too.

That's great to hear.........all the best for the future. Looks like you guys will work all this out..........well done. Tempting as it maybe, don't get involved in anymore threesomes as it will eventually harbour feelings of resentment and leave you with a low self-esteem and all bad things that will wreck your relationship. These are all bought on by the adding of another partner.............be satisfied with what you have as many don't even have that now-a-days.........
All the best.......and take care

It sounds like you are heading in the right direction. It isn't easy, but the payoff is worth it, both as a couple or friends and, personally to each of you. You're both learning positive, good communication skills over even difficult topics and, that will always benefit both of you in life.