Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Gaga is exploiting homosexuals
It just occurs to me how awesome this is. I recall when Miley Cyrus came out on the side of gay equality and for full gay marriage and some evangelicals called for a boycott against her then Hannah Montana show and her music, and she was bigger than Twilight back then (even organized crime tried getting involved in the huge profits). The evangelicals had to back down because what it was doing was turning kids (including their own) against them rather than Miley Cyrus. Rofl

Now we have Lady Gaga, too? Given how many kids love her that's very good news for the upcoming generations. And I just recalled that she spoke against bullying and on the tragic suicide of Jamey Rodemeyer, too. Hopefully it makes a difference. Pray

Anyone that can reach the younger generation through whatever tools they have at their disposal and sends out a message of tolerance, hope, support and encouragement is good in my books.

I don't believe her popularity has changed as a result of her speaking out, I think that because of her populariity she is heard more, and some people may see this as explointing, but then again aren't we also critical of success and how people find their success?

As long as they are doing the right things for the right reasons, and they believe in what they are doing, and judging from her emotional reaction from the loss of one of her 'little monsters' (I love that she calls her fans little monsters, as it is a form of identity and recognition), Jayme Rodemeyer.

Not a fan of her music, but I think she is an awesome person.

I like Lady Gaga, so it does not matter to me one way or the other...

Coffee

who knows, who cares... :confused: I'm gonna go put some dubstep on

I would have to say 'yes to a degree'.

The LGTB community has been recognized to be one minority that has a fairly large 'disposable' income to work with. As such those who make money by selling something is now targeting the LGBT community.

Ga-Ga is popular with the 'gays', thus her manager most likely sees a great potential to make lots of money here, thus may have pushed her toward targeting the LGBT community.

But what about other popular stars that have become Gay Icons? We could say they are exploitative as well. Granted the great Divas didn't actually target the LGBT community, it just happened, but we are in the 21st century not the ancient 20th century, so how an artist and her marketing team can operate today would allow her to actively seek to be the Diva for today's generation without an intent to exploit.

lady gaga in my opinion is doing more good than bad as i feel she is raising the issue and making goverment takje it more seriously