Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Gaga is exploiting homosexuals
nah. It's a REQUIREMENT to buy Lady Gaga's music. Roflmao

just kidding

well im glad to see that mrs gaga always showing us love

CAUSE SHE WAS BORN THIS WAY

hmmmmm I must be living in a cave but what or who is Lady Gaga lol??

East Wrote:I don't think of it as exploiting at all. I think she genuinely connects with her gay audience and vice versa. Interestingly enough...this is the weekend of gay pride and it began due to a protest when Judy Garland died. She loved her gay audience and her gay audience loved her...so much so that they decided they weren't going to take the cops usual crap and they fought back.

...and then there was Liza Minelli...and Bette Midler...and Cher...and Diana Ross...and Madonna...and Barbra Streisand...and...today...there is Lady Gaga.

By protest are you referring to stonewall? I wouldn't say that Judy Garland was the cause of that. It was a violent revolt against a government-sponsored system that persecuted sexual minorities. American gays and lesbians in the 1950s and 1960s faced a legal system more anti-homosexual than those of some Warsaw Pact countries. Judy Garland had recently died the night the riot began... but I wouldn't say she was the defining cause of it.

As for all of those women... did they have the gall to call the entire LGBT community her "little monsters"?

I mean, it's people's choice, right? You could say that Justin Bieber is exploiting girls too. If you are smart enough and figure out that you don't like something about Gag's ways, they you don't listen to her music. And that's it. But then, 'Born This Way' is a very nice song and even if she is not sincere in supporting gay rights and the LGBT community, the message remains. We were all preeeeetty happy (you could say we were gay..) yesterday when they played the song at the parade. :]

She's exploiting the gays? No she's bisexual herself. She's exploiting her popularity to normalise homosexuality in American society. Do we all remember how shocked people in the US were when Adam Lambert kissed a guy on stage? Oh the horrors!

Ian Wrote:By protest are you referring to stonewall? I wouldn't say that Judy Garland was the cause of that. It was a violent revolt against a government-sponsored system that persecuted sexual minorities. American gays and lesbians in the 1950s and 1960s faced a legal system more anti-homosexual than those of some Warsaw Pact countries. Judy Garland had recently died the night the riot began... but I wouldn't say she was the defining cause of it.

As for all of those women... did they have the gall to call the entire LGBT community her "little monsters"?

Is your position that Judy Garland and the protest were unrelated and just coincidence?
There are conflicting viewpoints on the matter...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Garland_as_gay_icon

I didn't realize Lady Gaga only referred to gay people as Little Monsters...I was under the impression she was referring to her fans but maybe I am wrong....Either way I see no issue personally....

As for the other ladies...I camped in line for hours to get Bette Midler New Years Eve tickets at Bimbos in SF in 1978 and I am fairly certain most of the men in line that night were gay and I believe she referred to her audience as "little mother f*ckers":biggrin:

I've been to her concert. Anyone else who has as well can vouch for the fact that she is genuine in her support for gay rights. She is, actually, one of the most genuine of the famous artists out there. She's not just a businesswoman with a market, she identifies with our community, being herself bisexual, and having been bullied as a kid. She is taking a bad experience and using it and her talent to empower herself and others.

Yosuke Wrote:I've been to her concert. Anyone else who has as well can vouch for the fact that she is genuine in her support for gay rights.

That is impressive, being able to assess genuine sincerity across a crowded concert venue and with only one-way communication.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

East Wrote:... I believe she referred to her audience as "little mother f*ckers":biggrin:

I'd be painting with a rather broad brush if I claimed this were true for all gay men, but for me a little flattery goes a long way:biggrin:.