Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Gaga is exploiting homosexuals
Cardiganwearer Wrote:I'd be painting with a rather broad brush if I claimed this were true for all gay men, but for me a little flattery goes a long way:biggrin:.

RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao

I haredly feel shes exploiting more like helping. For the love of God shes the only music artist to have sat down and rallied to end DADT pubically. Shes called for an end to discrimination multiple times and has even spoken out for us at awards ceremonies. How in the fuck is that exploitation huh? If it is, then this is one fucked up world I do not want any part of :/

fredv3b Wrote:That is impressive, being able to assess genuine sincerity across a crowded concert venue and with only one-way communication.

Thank you for the implicit sarcasm. If you've ever been to one of her concerts then you'll know what I'm talking about. Reading people when seeing/meeting them in real life is my greatest gift. Serves me well when I meet politicians around the state.

East Wrote:Is your position that Judy Garland and the protest were unrelated and just coincidence?
There are conflicting viewpoints on the matter...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Garland_as_gay_icon

I didn't realize Lady Gaga only referred to gay people as Little Monsters...I was under the impression she was referring to her fans but maybe I am wrong....Either way I see no issue personally....

As for the other ladies...I camped in line for hours to get Bette Midler New Years Eve tickets at Bimbos in SF in 1978 and I am fairly certain most of the men in line that night were gay and I believe she referred to her audience as "little mother f*ckers":biggrin:
As it happens we're even more likely to be father f*ckers! Rolleyes

DarkDaisuke Wrote:I haredly feel shes exploiting more like helping. For the love of God shes the only music artist to have sat down and rallied to end DADT pubically. Shes called for an end to discrimination multiple times and has even spoken out for us at awards ceremonies. How in the fuck is that exploitation huh? If it is, then this is one fucked up world I do not want any part of :/

I rather like the idea of anyone rallying to end DADT as our PUBIC ALLY

princealbertofb Wrote:I rather like the idea of anyone rallying to end DADT as our PUBIC ALLY
You would!! :tongue: Roflmao

princealbertofb Wrote:As it happens we're even more likely to be father f*ckers! Rolleyes

True 'dat:biggrin:

I forget if this was the same concert as I saw her many times but I think this was also the time she offered to show us her tits:biggrin:...and paste a joint under each of our seats. I really loved her...she broke alot of rules. Alot of gay men relate to that..breaking rules. Our very existence breaks alot of people's rules. Lady Gaga "gets it".

I don't believe that Lady Gaga exploits the gay community. I remember people making that same arguement against Madonna back in the day.

All the artists that were listed before attract a large gay fan base, and those women appreicate it, respect us, and help us. I remember the late 80s and the AIDS crisis, the two most public figures who raised money and attention for those with AIDS were Elizabeth Taylor and Madonna.

As for the term "Little Monsters", I was under the impression that Gaga refered to all her fans that way, not just the gay fans.

I don't think so. I have watched a lot of interviews of her and I believe she's honest.

Who doesn't?