Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lanford Wilson (1937-2011)
I couldn't find an appropriate category to post this in so I went with Celeb gossip only because Liz Taylor's passing was posted here.

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Lanford Wilson died yesterday of complications from pneumonia. Along with Doric Wilson and Robert Patrick, he is considered one of the pioneers in establishing an American gay theater. Among his plays dealing with gay issues are "The Madness of Lady Bright" (1964), "Lemon Sky" (1970), "Fifth of July" (1978), and "Burn This" (1986). Wilson was one of the founders of New York's Circle Rep Theater Company.

There is an article on BBC regarding his passing, but as a newbie here, I can not yet post links. sorry.

May he rest in peace.

forever in our hearts.

I was completely shocked. I studied and lived with Lanford Wilson in summer of 2008 while he taught masterclasses at the New York State Summer School of the Arts, School of Theatre. It was an acting conservatory, where for one of the weeks we did workshops of Burn This and 5th of July. He was truly incredible and brilliant, while somewhat stern, he had a very interesting sense of humor.

Here you are, Ruralguy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12858715