Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last Person to Post Wins
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Woah! No no no no no - I'm the only one allowed to fly off on a novella length tangent there.

Sadly I honestly fear the USA is heading into a bad situation and something like what you said will take place.

Here's hoping that Japan keeps its tiny islands disagreements with China and Russia then...

Diablotin

Ah, Bowyn, I don't know...I would like for economical upheaval to go on long enough to make US pull out from EVERYWHERE...get the hell out of Okinawa already (I think almost 70 years is long enough for Japan to get it's own army again), get out of Colombia (they happen to be very good at drug fighting with no need from external help)...for goodness sake...give up on Afghanistan...(it never was a threat when mujahideens were busy fighting amongst themselves)

With less military spending, then the US can gather more resources in dealing with the aftermath of 2008-09 meltdown...like taking care of unemployement..

US can recover itself and then we can all go on the European model of "balance of power" but worldwide..

and then no one will have to invade anyone...hehe

Confusedmile:

I actually think the US needs to pull out of all nations, including Taiwan Germany, the UK.

sooner or later a politicians is going to run and start pointing out that the USA is spending lots of money on nations that can build and maintain their own defense program.

The real issue is the flow of money. The politicians are all into big business, Military spending goes predominately to Big Corps that supply the military, The big corps are often the lobbyists and the paycheck payers of if not the politicians themselves then family members, buddies to the politician.

Its an old tired system and i had hoped that Congress would have made the final mistake with the shutdown.... but no, We the People just can't seem to rise up and bring the guillotine back into style.

Unfortunatly, it's money that drives.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I actually think the US needs to pull out of all nations, including Taiwan Germany, the UK.

sooner or later a politicians is going to run and start pointing out that the USA is spending lots of money on nations that can build and maintain their own defense program.

The real issue is the flow of money. The politicians are all into big business, Military spending goes predominately to Big Corps that supply the military, The big corps are often the lobbyists and the paycheck payers of if not the politicians themselves then family members, buddies to the politician.

Its an old tired system and i had hoped that Congress would have made the final mistake with the shutdown.... but no, We the People just can't seem to rise up and bring the guillotine back into style.

True....war is profitable as a business...

I'm afraid that's cause the American Homeland has never been directly under fire...minus the 2001.09.11 ordeal

unlike Europe, for example where war was just as profitable, but then WWII came and you could hardly tell the difference bewteen a victor and a loser, bewteen Minsk or London, Berlin or Warsaw....all bombed, all leveled..

They retook the whole "balance of power" bit after they realized that wining a war was as costly if not more than losing it...

Here's hoping that US does not need to be bombed to the ground for things to click in these peoples mind..

However was is not all bad..
It's an effective human culling method

Not really...war itself is not selective...

genocides, however, often are..

Too true on the not having your cities reduced to rubble having an impact on 'war is good'.

Cities are aa blight on the earth, why not eradicate them as well

Then what would we do with 80% of the worlds population?

As they would hopefully not be around any more, they won't care.

Granulate and use for fertiliser?