Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late night, Can't sleep!!
I am prone to bouts of insomnia on a rather frequent basis myself. I know how friggin' frustrating it can be Confusedmile:

A few methods I have found that help me relax are as follows....

Drink some chamomile tea. It has sedative properties (but make sure you buy caffeine-free or else it defeats the purpose entirely Confusedmile:

Read while lying in bed. Some people don't get tired in the least by doing this; I start to nod off after about 45 minutes to an hour of reading in bed. Try it and see it it works for you Confusedmile:

Get a tiny sack made of cheesecloth and fill it with lavender, preferably fresh. Place the sack of lavender under your pillow while you sleep. The scent of it will help you to become relaxed and calm without being stifling. This works like a charm for me.

Oh I know but some night all of the above and then some is one massive FAIL. :biggrin:

Blue Wrote:Oh I know but some night all of the above and then some is one massive FAIL. :biggrin:

Which method is a fail good sir? Yours must be some severe insomnia then Confusedmile:

wintermoon Wrote:Get a tiny sack made of cheesecloth and fill it with lavender, preferably fresh. Place the sack of lavender under your pillow while you sleep.

I would rather dig the pond with Blue than have a lavender in my room :biggrin:

Reading works for me though. But it has to be a real book. Reading on my laptop screen doesn't work.

wintermoon Wrote:Which method is a fail good sir? Yours must be some severe insomnia then Confusedmile:

Let me see.
Lavender and chamomile bath while sipping chamomile tea and taking 3 Valerian capsules followed by warm milk toast and, even elevator music is my typical "I gotta sleep but this isn't working" trip before I give up and just stay awake all night.

Oh well, get more done that way Smile

hmmm.....well it works for me and if you and Nick would rather get all dirty and sweaty than smelling pretty then "nyah!" to you both :tongue:

I don't have many feminine qualities but this is one of them and dammit do I indulge it! :biggrin:

I hate that.

wintermoon Wrote:hmmm.....well it works for me and if you and Nick would rather get all dirty and sweaty than smelling pretty then "nyah!" to you both :tongue:

Have I read something in it that wasn't meant to be there? :biggrin:

...i usually get online here and post something or read someone's post and respond...or look at people pics or whatever. it's very calming. other activities on sleepless nights have been carefully omitted by my good taste filter, lol.

hugz n smoochies to all and dream sweet!

Bath

wintermoon Wrote:hmmm.....well it works for me and if you and Nick would rather get all dirty and sweaty than smelling pretty then "nyah!" to you both :tongue:

I don't have many feminine qualities but this is one of them and dammit do I indulge it! :biggrin:

Who's Nick?
<<<<< see single - and staying that way for a while.