Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest news on the Scotland referendum
Any fresh news on the Scottish referendum?

I don't really have an opinion on the matter but I'm a bit anxious about it. I have a feeling this is going to affect the entire world, not just the UK.

According to this, the 'No' vote is slightly ahead but it's just a poll, we'll have to wait and see:

http://www.bbc.com/news/events/scotland-decides

Scotland is the second biggest importer of English goods so there's still going to be trade between the two whether there's a split or not, the world is not going to end for Scotland just because it wants to control of its own economy despite the scare mongering of the Uk government,

the tory party has a past history of trying unfair taxes out on the scotish public just to test how the protest will be before stitching up the rest of the population, if Scotland votes yes then they goverment only have themselves to blame...

Chatted with my relatives up there earlier and some have voted but most will after work...I know how they have voted and I know they have took all the arguments on board but its hard they say as you cant believe half the lies told especially in the press

matty7 Wrote:just because it wants to control of its own economy

The big question is: is Scotland economically viable? Independence is great but it costs a lot of money.

Like I said, I believe in the EU project and the idea of a referendum didn't seem very sensible at first. On the other hand, in these times of globalisation and savage neoliberalism, the independence of Scotland could be a breath of fresh air.