Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest news on the river.
dfiant Wrote:I checked the river levels a couple of hours ago on the chart in your original post, I was glad to see it levelling out.

I was also searching the internet and saw a live stream of the dam that is being increased for storage capacity (The dams name escapes me now) but it was completely inundated.

Was it Warragamba dam?

The Wollendilly is a catchment for it.
I think it will be the first time in 14 years that Warragamba will be full.

We are now at a wonderful 4.8 meters.

I will keep you all updated.

Good news .:biggrin:

Last reading the river is at 4 meters.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Was it Warragamba dam?

Cotter Dam in the ACT

http://www.actew.com.au/Our%20Projects/E...amCam.aspx

Oh my goodness , that is bad news for the ACT .

We heard this morning from Sydney branch Warragamba Dam has spilled over.
I hope they have enough time to evacuate all of them from Gronos Point, Pitt Town low parts of Richmond Lowlands.
Not sure if the Putty Rd will go over or not.

The news this way is still touch and go.
The river is at 3.5 meters which is good :biggrin: but we are expecting some heavy falls today and tomorrow.

Last heard, Tumit is under , road to the Wombian caves is closed, Cowra still under.
Bathurst split in two, parts of Crookwell under, all the land under the aqua duct here is flooded.

Expected rises of the Hawkesbury-Nepean River , due to the dam.

I will glad when this weekend is over.

happy that your water mark is goin down , must be dreadfull thinking about the possability of loosing your home to the rising river....stay safe TheBow

Yeah, when they said Canberra the first place I thought of was Tumut and Wee Jasper on the Goodradigbee River. Very low and flat round there and wouldn't take much for that to flood.

The low pressure trough is now impacting the North Islad of New Zealand and the northern regions of the South Island.

It is also beginning to impact on Northern NSW and South East Queenslad, but we won't feel the full impact of the weakening trough until after Monday.

This is a huge weather event. If the same weather system was in USA is would impact 25-30 states.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Oh my goodness , that is bad news for the ACT .

We heard this morning from Sydney branch Warragamba Dam has spilled over.
I hope they have enough time to evacuate all of them from Gronos Point, Pitt Town low parts of Richmond Lowlands.
Not sure if the Putty Rd will go over or not.

The news this way is still touch and go.
The river is at 3.5 meters which is good :biggrin: but we are expecting some heavy falls today and tomorrow.

Last heard, Tumit is under , road to the Wombian caves is closed, Cowra still under.
Bathurst split in two, parts of Crookwell under, all the land under the aqua duct here is flooded.

Expected rises of the Hawkesbury-Nepean River , due to the dam.

I will glad when this weekend is over.

I remember picnic on the Warragamba Dam when I was a kid. I also remember the Cataract and the Woronora Dams.

Woronora isn't spilling yet, not sure about Cataract.

EDIT Both Cordeaux and Cataract dams are spilling

To me its pretty mind blowing how the weather can be that extreme, to read it is not to experience it although but it sounds pretty gruesome. The only Mayor weather forecast we have been having was the blizzard that was going on for 3-4 days, but blizzards has never been a real problem in Sweden, except for the main big roads in the south near Gothenburg.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:To me its pretty mind blowing how the weather can be that extreme, to read it is not to experience it although but it sounds pretty gruesome. The only Mayor weather forecast we have been having was the blizzard that was going on for 3-4 days, but blizzards has never been a real problem in Sweden, except for the main big roads in the south near Gothenburg.

Just like blizzards are normal in Sweden and you adapt to the inconveniences it causes, especially when you have a major blizzard event, the same can be said for Australians and their floods, drought and bushfires. It's something that we know happens, so even in the most severe weather events, we adapt and take in our stride because we are prepared Smile

The flooding across the entire eastern seaboard right now, is a major inconvenience rather than gruesome

dfiant Wrote:I remember picnic on the Warragamba Dam when I was a kid. I also remember the Cataract and the Woronora Dams.

Woronora isn't spilling yet, not sure about Cataract.

EDIT Both Cordeaux and Cataract dams are spilling

I remember motor cross riding in the bush behind it , good memories :biggrin:

The latest news , we are back down at 3 meters, which is great , as the Macquarie river at Bathurst is starting to drop.
Live feed for the Macquarie

Pretty sure we will get at least 3 meters from there , depending on how much Tumit and Queanbeyan are going to get.

Pretty heavy rain at the moment , supposed to get heavier over night.
Let's see what tomorrow brings:biggrin: