Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving GS
Guys it has occurred to me that GS is no longer the place it used to be.
We seem to have lost the meaning of what this forum was for. Helping and socializing.

It seems this place has now become a haven for online bullies and trolls.

We have people here with genuine problems and they just take the piss out of us.

I am in no way spitting out my dummy or being sad. I'm genuinely disheartened by the responses i had on my previous post and i can not take much more shit from these people.

My animal is slowly dying and all people can think about is my freaking spelling.

FYI you cunts.... I did pass my Exams and i do have college degrees. I'm just in a bad way and spelling isn't at the top of my list of priorities.

i hope you feel happy with yourself. Kicking a man when he is down. Real big of you

karma will do its job though. I only wish i was there to laugh at you when it does.

To the members of GS who do help and do add their bit to the site... thank you and all the best. You guys helped me alot over the years and i'm sad to leave in this way.

So goodbye and good luck

Jamie

Sorry to hear that... I saw the thread too and I agree.

I definitely feel the site can use some moderation control seeing that thread getting that far out of hand and off topic. I hope you are able to find help for you dog, sorry to hear about all that...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Sorry to hear this Jamie. There are a few here who like to stir, and that is why the block function is a wonderful thing. I have to say, there are actually loads of really decent people on GS at the moment. I respect that you don't feel the same, but any arseholes I come across, I just block them. Then they don't ruin my experience of the site.

I hope too that you find some solution for your dog. And I'm sorry your thread turned that way when you were in need. Best of luck dude x

Jamie, don't leave because of that guy. You've been a member here for several years, and have always been one of the good guys.

Sincerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Your decision is your decision.

But I don't think that one guy acting poorly when uncalled for is any reason to leave.

The ignore feature is always a thing.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

If I were to delete my account because someone ticked me off.
I would have been gone a long time ago..

Your post count is 357 .. would it be fair to say 300 of the 357 have been positive interactions? ..

If your answer is yes..
Then you're doing quite well here.

No matter what you post around here .. there will always be some kind of conflict...
It's just the internet. .

What Rhymes With Cock?
"BLOCK" .
Feel free to use it if it makes your Gayspeak experiences better.

When someone corrects me i say thank you instead of being mean to him. But take care.

Im sorry to hear your leaving, if you ever decide to come back we would love to have you, and it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope you enjoy each day and make fun for every moment of them. ^_^

johnny196775 Wrote:When someone corrects me i say thank you instead of being mean to him. But take care.

Come on man, get real.

The guy asked for advice and someone decided it would be fun to mock his spelling?

He didn't correct him, he belittled him and then insulted him a little bit more afterwards.

That is outright trollish behavior and anyone has every right to react badly towards it.

Furthermore, the premise of his first post was that people wouldn't understand the guy if he made such errors. Did you see anyone getting lost? I didn't

You know the same guy corrected cemetery for me at one point, which is fine. English is not my first language, so I need to be corrected at times.

But I do have to wonder if he would have done so in a post that said "Hey, my parents just died and I had to go to he cementery"

"dude, it's cemetery, how did you finish college? smh"

Would that be right? Should I take the slap and put the other cheek? I don't think so.

Well, something like that happened here and the OP reacted accordingly.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Come on man, get real.

The guy asked for advice and someone decided it would be fun to mock his spelling?

He didn't correct him, he belittled him and then insulted him a little bit more afterwards.

That is outright trollish behavior and anyone has every right to react badly towards it.

Furthermore, the premise of his first post was that people wouldn't understand the guy if he made such errors. Did you see anyone getting lost? I didn't

You know the same guy corrected cemetery for me at one point, which is fine. English is not my first language, so I need to be corrected at times.

But I do have to wonder if he would have done so in a post that said "Hey, my parents just died and I had to go to he cementery"

"dude, it's cemetery, how did you finish college? smh"

Would that be right? Should I take the slap and put the other cheek? I don't think so.

Well, something like that happened here and the OP reacted accordingly.

Mabye if you knew someone who does it or has done it you would understand. Not everyone does the same thing in the same situation and for the same reason. mabye he is being an asshole. Mabye he is not. We do not know. But all he did was correct a word and he gets told off by everyone nearly and told to stfu. And called names. It does not matter what the thread was about. If it does it does to you. Not everyone. I typo all the time and could care less if someone corrects it. But a word like veterinary might be different than say thier or weither. Picking on him wasnt cool. Ignoring it would have been the mature thing to do if you didnt like it. But peace anyways.