Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving Old Friends for New Friends
This is a problem I really have not run into before. I usually make my friends one at a time on my own. But about 3 years ago, I met someone who was very sociable around town. He introduced me to half a dozen friends with that he though I would get along with. Long story short, he had a big blow out with one of them and decided all of us were no good. This is a pattern, not a one time deal.

Most of us have moved on and tried to remain friends with each other. The thing is, I feel guilty that I hang out with people he brought together. None of us would have met without him.

Can someone give me perspective on this? I already know he is very immature but why do I still feel guilty or like I have to hide if I want to go out with some of those friends?

I've been in a similar position but it's not as if you need to justify your friendships with his presence. It's his fault for neglecting all of you because he had a fight with ONE person. Whether he was the one who initially brought you all together or not is irrelevant.

at the end points there are friends and acquaintances . Than there is stuff in between.

Where its good to know as many people as you can, your only going to have a few good friends, the best one is your self.

There is no reason for you to feel guilty about it, the reason you do is because of loyalty to him.
You have the right to have them as friends even if he is done with them.

It's important for you to realize that this is his fallout not yours .

The problem is his, not yours. Keep your friends.

Friends are friends, no matter how you meet them.