Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asians are the most sought after ethnic minority for gay guys
TigerLover Wrote:I see where you're coming from with this. Most gay Asian guys I see do seem to be so damn cute. And I did go to school with a chinese kid who's first name was pronounced Gayfun.

But there's no way of proving this trend if it exists and it could just be selection bias on your part. Or you maybe you live in an area with alot of asian people.

I think East Asians are generally the most attractive ethnic minority. I think Blacks are very overhyped, especially since there's shitloads of material and statistics explaining that sexual racism against Blacks is bad.

I don't think Middle Easterners or South Asians are considered attractive by anyone, though I don't know what One Direction and all this pro-Muslim racism has done.

Sadly, I think fetishizing is not uncommon, at least in the US. Black guys are seen as being hung or thugs. Asian guys are seen as submissive and delicate. I'm Scandinavian and everyone thinks anything goes with us.

Darius Wrote:Sadly, I think fetishizing is not uncommon, at least in the US. Black guys are seen as being hung or thugs. Asian guys are seen as submissive and delicate. I'm Scandinavian and everyone thinks anything goes with us.

I've never understood the Black stereotype. I always grew up with the idea that East Asians were the most attractive and had the best "looks". Blacks on the the hand just got a shitload of racism. For example, I never see gay blacks in interracial relationships.

Boaxy Wrote:I'd say maybe east asians are. Because being east asian is already seen as a feminized race and femininity is sometimes applauded. Like look at any east asian soap opera. Some of the men look like women sometimes. So I guess it's easier.

But black, middle eastern, south asian, indian, latin. Are not seen as feminized races and in fact shun those who aren't masculine.

Uh uh uh! Don't forget my dear. Black as a standalone is not a "Race", in the sense that you cannot be from a colour, but is merely a colour of skin.

You can be from Asia, Middle East, India, South/Central America; but you cannot be from "Latin/Black, etc".

Those are Adjectives, not denominative adjectives, such as "Being Asian". You can't "Be Black".

And that's more or less the general perception hun.

There are many exceptions to what you said, as I work with Gay and straight people from those countries you mentioned, as it's an international opportunity workplace, and the flamboyant gay Indians, Sri Lankans and Filipinos are not shunned, even by their own people.

The only people who I see do it alot, are Americans and then certain sectors of the world, such as in my region and the Middle East of course.

And those places typically have a strong reason as to why they do, such as Religion and Sexual expression appropriation.