Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lest we forget what its like for so many kids now days....
A word of warning, do not make the mistake I made and scroll down to look at the comments on YouTube. I rarely do that, but in this case made an exception. After initially calming down from my reaction to the video, my blood again started boiling.

(Adam) Yeah...and this reminds me of why I left my parent's home a few days after my 17th birthday and never looked back. This was shortly after my father publicly berated my high school football coach for allowing a queer (me) to be captain of the team...it seems like there's never going to be an end to this shit.

Those parental figures are disgusting examples of what human beings are supposed to be. I've recently come out, a couple of days ago, and even though I still feel a faint awkwardness around the house sometimes my mom, stepdad, and little brother still love me the same exact way and amount. God, why does religion ruin so many good things!!! (pun intended)

Jake Wrote:Oh my god I need to make sure alex doesn't click that vid... this was exactly the atmosphere when I first travel with him to his born again christian mother who served us all the biblical crap about God hating gays. She was just not prepared to meet a as crazy atheist who knew the bible more than she did. I remember very well how that day I lost my calm and there was screaming from her mom to me, from me to his mon, Alex was crying and screaming, and his dad trying to calm us all. What a day it was, and that video just reminded me that. Alex was 20 years old.

It's fine Jakey it is indeed hard to listen to, but he didn't have you to defend him and he did quite alright by himself. Being alone that day with my mom, I would have just sliced my wrist right in front of her. The part I remember the most is when she tried to hit me several times and each and every time you'd grab her hand before it touches me, she gave up after 5 unsuccessful tries LOL (you're so quick even dad talked for months how fast you were to stop the slaps). When she got rid of me at 15 because I was gay I couldn't say anything, my dad wasn't home and she arranged everything herself, this was a nightmare, I arrive home and there was a taxi waiting, thought I was going to one of my aunt in Australia, but no, I was heading for the airport straight to Canada, no money, I didn't have lunch, just came back from school and 23 hours of plane.

My aunt was shocked to find out what her sister was capable of doing to her own child, and when you asked me a year later to go and confront mom, I immediately got sick, high fever and throwing up all the way to Australia, but I do not regret you did it, I felt so much better after.

Stubborn woman, but she came around after dad died. I forgave my mom... but will never forget.

What is the video called because I can't seem to get the link working. ..?

[COLOR="Red"]T[SIZE="7"]
That
IGNORANT SELF RIGHTEOUS CUNT
needs to shove her bible up her ass
and be beat
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]That is the type of thing that makes me despise American fundamentalists more than anything else. I'm going to hunt that guy down and see how he's doing now.

It's a good thing you guys can't hear what Ray is saying. He was raised around people like that.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

MikeW Wrote:Yep, that was my family pretty much… which is why I never told them I was gay. Same accents, probably from the same region I grew up in, more or less -- white trash so called "Christians." When I was a kid growing up my family wasn't particularly religious. They went to church and all but it wasn't what it became sometime in the mid 1970s when my two older sisters and mom became "born again" evangelicals. But the controlling attitude, the limited range of thinking, the arguments that went around in circles, the unwillingness to look at one's own point of view and try and be a bit objective about it, "the word of god" being more important than anything else, including one's own love for a child, the hypocrisy of saying "I support you but not your 'choice'" and so on. Yep. Exactly like that.

And, indeed, it brings it all back. And people wonder why gay kids and adults are f**ked up. Rolleyes
You have so much in common with my partner its eerie Mike. I can't count the number of times Mark has described exactly what you describe. Or the number of times he has said that he wished he had a father instead on a minister to this very day.

I didn't watch the video but from the posts I read its not a good one to watch. I'm sorry for anyone who ever went through that or have met people like that.

lauj Wrote:I didn't watch the video but from the posts I read its not a good one to watch. I'm sorry for anyone who ever went through that or have met people like that.

Watch the vid mate!

I was finally able to watch the video and what I saw digusted me. .. it brought tears to my eyes, how could anyone do that to their own child??? Wait, actually after saying that it kinda isn't shocking to hear/see that. We all know it's happening somewhere... just no one actually wants to see it so it is hushed behind closed doors... I suppose we've all experienced at sometime in our lives, if not then your extremely lucky... but yeah ... the whole religion vs science and homosexuality business is all crap!! If we were all created by God then why are we ( homosexuals) seen as a sin...? Why were men created with a g-spot up their anus if it is a sin to have anal sex with another guy??? These are the main reasons which steer me away from religion. ..their are others but thoses are the main... don't get me wrong theirs also a lot of good reasons for religion but I just ain't seen them yet... or they are clouded by my hate of these certain subjects. ..
Wolf...