Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about accents and dialects.
when i speak english , i sound like a total valley girl bimbo hahah ~

i speak kansai-ben japanese (that's the japanese dialect of osaka , kyoto and kobe)

megumidesu Wrote:when i speak english , i sound like a total valley girl bimbo hahah ~

i speak kansai-ben japanese (that's the japanese dialect of osaka , kyoto and kobe)

Ear plugs?

Marc Wrote:Ear plugs?

no.

seeing as i didn't speak any english at all until after i moved to the usa , i don't think it matters too much what accent i have when i speak it .
i think it's pretty damn impressive that i'm fluent in english now , after not speaking any for quite a while and growing up with a parent who didn't bother learning any english at all .

unless that comment was directed at how i speak japanese . it's a japanese dialect . most non japanese people can't tell the different between kansai japanese and kanto japanese.

In the US people usually think I'm from Vermont or upstate New York.

I have a rather standard central Canadian accent tinted with some touches of French phrases or loan words, which is typical of Montreal English.

Languages and accents .... german comedian michael mittermeier declares it here :

about the german language at 7minutes 20

I'm originally from rural Northern Scotland so I can switch into that local Doric dialect, which confuses the hell out of Glaswegians :biggrin: but I sound like a country bumpkin when I do so I generally don't! :redface:

They get there own back though and speak really fast broad Glaswegian which makes even Billy Connolly's accent sound tame!

Then if accents aren't confusing enough there is local lingo that varies from city to city within a country.

megumidesu Wrote:when i speak english , i sound like a total valley girl bimbo hahah ~

I really like the kansai dialect! A Japanese exchange teacher came from that region and when we spoke to her, her Japanese always sounded so friendly and nice.

Lilitu Wrote:I really like the kansai dialect! A Japanese exchange teacher came from that region and when we spoke to her, her Japanese always sounded so friendly and nice.

people who can tell the difference usually tell me that they prefer kansai dialect ^^

i think it's cool hahah ~
my accent is weird , though . it's like a mixture of kyoto and osaka dialect . because i lived in kyoto but my dad was from osaka so he had a really really strong osaka accent haha

I've gotta say it on the other hand that I love the Northern England Accents Smile
But I'm not from an English speaking state, so I've mostly just heard accents of the English language abroad and on tellie.

I'm not sure what kind of accent I would considered to have, but people always seem a little chocked when I tell them that I'm from Sweden when I'm talking to people abroad. Everyone I spoke to in France for instance though I was from Britain or that I was half British or some.

I've never liked the Swedish English accent so I think I might have adapted to another accent though, But at times I spend more time speaking and writing in English then I'm doing in Swedish lol. But if you aren't familiar with Swedish English accents, here is a vid anyhow:

But when it comes to Swedish accents in the Swedish language, I love the Scanian accents (The southest province of Sweden). It still has a touch of Danish in it, yet its understandable and sounds lovely. Danish and Swedish is the languages who is the closest when it comes to Writing, but it is extremely hard for a Swede to understand Danish because of how they pronounce their words, meanwhile Norwegian is actually not as close to Danish when written, but their accent makes it so much easier to understand, many times a Swede and a Norwegian can speak to each other like if they were in the same country. I love Norwegian accents though, they just sound so happy and glad, even when they are mad, which can be a bit hilarious :biggrin:

Eitherway here is a Scanian Swedish accent and Norwegian, if you aren't familiar with it Smile

Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.