Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let the games begin
Huh?Are you sure Frank?That would be very dishonest of them.I swear if I hear the name "Michael Phelps" again...

You're not the only one that says so Frank,I just heard that same thing on the radio.Also heard that the little girl at the opening ceremony was lipsynching.Apparently,the other girl whose voice was used was "chubby and had crooked teeth".Not on China,so not on.

Dan1089 Wrote:Apparently,the other girl whose voice was used was "chubby and had crooked teeth".Not on China,so not on.

Dood that soooooooo made me LoL [Image: hatsoffxy7-1.gif] On a less heartless note tho i agree China ...shame on ya!:mad:

Oh, so far my fellow Canucks have won no medals... how disappointing. I guess the Canadians aren't too worried since the next Winter Olympics are in Vancouver and the country is already starting with the anticaption.

It really is deplorable that they switched the little girl singing just because she wasn't picture perfect. I saw most of the opening ceremony and I was rather impressed with most if it. The only thing I think didn't impress me all that much was the lighting of the Olympic torch. I saw how they lit torch back in Athens in 2004 and that was impressive. They had a guy shoot an arrow into the torch with perfect precision.

I'm just glad that there haven't been any major problems with protests. I don't believe the Olympics should be a platform for propaganda or protest, it should just be about the world coming together for a few weeks to cheer each other on.

It's the closing ceremony tomorrow and not a moment too soon!These Olympics will be the ones we'll want to quickly forget.South Africa only managed to secure ONE medal...

Olympics :confused:

Have I missed something? Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Olympics :confused:

Have I missed something? Rolleyes

Well you certainly did not miss the final ceremony.... You even saw El Señor Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin!!!) play the guitar in the stadium and were moved to tears, honey... Well it was an impressive show, it must be admitted. Loved the tower thing. Hated the comments from the French TV commentators.

I dont know... some good stuff and some very bad stuff... maybe just freaked by too many humans doing the same thing

what really threw me off was the bicycle helmets in one of the beginning elements... just didnt get any of that

happy for the matey now that Monk will return to regular scheduled programming

princealbertofb Wrote:Well it was an impressive show, it must be admitted. Loved the tower thing. .

the closing ceremony was amazing ! it is the first time a closing ceremony is better than the opening ceremony....
i agree the tower thing is the most amazing .. specially the pink flowers part
just wwooooooow

The closing ceremony was excellent. Personally I didnt like the London Red-Transformers bus! Did you see that? Poor taste if you ask me , flashy trick from a past decade. Also Leona Lewis with her long long golden dress twirling around the tall pole she was standing sung but the sound was so weak i just didnt hear anything from her beautiful voice. Hope in 2012 London will make a better impression!:tongue: