Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Talk about MMOs
Check out the video:

I find the genre to be pretty stale at this point and REALLY needs a gamechanger to come along and show everyone how to do it.

Thumbs up on the vid!

I played WOW from vanilla to hc Garrosh, which is over a year ago now. 12 months sober!
Since then I've tried ESO and Wildstar. ESO was unbalanced in PVP and too easy in PVE. Wildstar was hard but took too long. It was just too repetitive for my tastes. I didn't like the universe either.

They're just missing the mark for me, sadly. I'd love for ESO to be a success, I love that universe.

Cuddly Wrote:I played WOW from vanilla to hc Garrosh, which is over a year ago now. 12 months sober!
Since then I've tried ESO and Wildstar. ESO was unbalanced in PVP and too easy in PVE. Wildstar was hard but took too long. It was just too repetitive for my tastes. I didn't like the universe either.

They're just missing the mark for me, sadly. I'd love for ESO to be a success, I love that universe.

Much agree. I've probably tried every medium to large MMO on the market and I so want a game that all I do is play it rather than other games but after an hour or two it's just another game with a different coat of paint on it. I get bored and move on.

I was really disappointed with wildstar. Mostly a WOW close I found. Combat was almost identical beyond enemies telegraphing abilities.

Brian... MMOs also means Male Multiple Orgasms. hahahhahaha!

One of my favorite subjects

I'll take a lesson in that!^^ You teaching, Virge? hahaha Tongue

I played MMOs a bit later on in High School and dabbled with WoW a couple of years ago. They'd get so stale for me after a few weeks, maybe a couple months. The only MMO I can recommend and play even a little bit now is LOTR Online. Fun, free and exactly like WoW. In retrospect, I'm kicking myself for spending nearly 60 or so dollars on a WoW account.

The points you made in your video are spot on. Like attacking and whatnot. I always felt that when I attacked in MMOs my hits or spells carried no weight and defeating big groups of baddies left me feeling so empty.

It would be great to see an advancement in the way quests are handled, as well. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the repetitiveness taken out of MMOs. It's so boring to see the same set up in every game. Just the one schmuck standing around (or maybe walking within a 15 foot radius) to get a quest and then HAVING TO GO BACK to end the quest. Every. Single. Time.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

Doofus89 Wrote:I'll take a lesson in that!^^ You teaching, Virge? hahaha Tongue

I played MMOs a bit later on in High School and dabbled with WoW a couple of years ago. They'd get so stale for me after a few weeks, maybe a couple months. The only MMO I can recommend and play even a little bit now is LOTR Online. Fun, free and exactly like WoW. In retrospect, I'm kicking myself for spending nearly 60 or so dollars on a WoW account.

The points you made in your video are spot on. Like attacking and whatnot. I always felt that when I attacked in MMOs my hits or spells carried no weight and defeating big groups of baddies left me feeling so empty.

It would be great to see an advancement in the way quests are handled, as well. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the repetitiveness taken out of MMOs. It's so boring to see the same set up in every game. Just the one schmuck standing around (or maybe walking within a 15 foot radius) to get a quest and then HAVING TO GO BACK to end the quest. Every. Single. Time.

So glad you feel the same way! It can feel empty to start but come on by the end you should have felt like the time you put in has made you stronger. As much as I want epic quests I do work it'd take 500 years for a studio to put in a game with each quest being amazing.

Brian you do know you can embed your videos here, instead of sending us to youtube. When creating a thread you're in advance mode, select the YouTube icon and put everything that comes after the = sign in between the accolades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHIfhF3OCLc and there, it's embedded.

BrianNorth Wrote:So glad you feel the same way! It can feel empty to start but come on by the end you should have felt like the time you put in has made you stronger. As much as I want epic quests I do work it'd take 500 years for a studio to put in a game with each quest being amazing.

It was cool to go around in WoW as my undead warrior and hack & slash and headbang everywhere I went. I can't lie that was fun lol but the whole experience ultimately left me feeling void of a purpose and an end goal. Switching over to tauren pally for more a mix of melee and spells didn't do much to help.

Games like DOOM, Quake, Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2 always did it for me in terms of replay ability. But, I've always been a bit a of brute and I love guns so go figure I suppose lol

500 years? Try a 1000 for me. But, with the way Blizzard works we're only going to see WoW nerfed down to a very linear yellow brick road full of minging 12 year olds running around with wicked over powered Death Knights their parents bought them when they got the game at Gamestop. Omg, I just turned into The Yahtzee for a minute there. I need to find a new hobby! hahaha
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

Anyone playing World of Warcraft? I just got it again. Have a level 97 druid. Anyone want to add me as a friend on there if they play