Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets go in a different direction....
Don't get me wrong. I love all sorts of music. But isn't it starting to get ridiculous when you're listening to the same song again and again and again? You hear it on the radio and its the same everyday? When some artist comes out with a new song, only for you to find out its pretty much the same as any other previous other song with some new lyrics slapped on top?

So I thought I'd get a new thread started discussing and sharing all those little bands and musicians you know of that others may like. Whether they be Jazz musicans, Alternative, Indie, Rap, Drum and Bass, anything! Grab your favourite songs from the ends of the earth and share them with the world!

Here's a few that I like at the moment which i think people would be interested in:

Shooting Stars - Bag Raiders
I found this song, along with the band, a few weeks back with instant like for them. Its got a generic feel to it but original at the same time.

Tire Swing - Kimya Dawson
Most famous for being used in the Academy Award winning film Juno. Coming from a lesser famous genre; Anti Folk, it comes out very nicely, very chill out sort of song. One of those songs you'd sit in bed and listen to whilst watching TV or something.

Anymore songs? Feel free to let... well....everyone know!

here are songs that i like
and have on my i pod

Ka-booost- Twinkies (Most wanted Snack)
Two species Of the opposite
World of despair
Lonely
Dont Care If You Hate Me (Feat Mermroom)
If I Really wanted to( Feat. Mermroom, Doo Doo Rag & Lost Catbacks N Loners)
Not Da Best Nor Da Worst and
Wierd Folks (Feat Mermroom)

Lost Catbacks N Loners- Greed Of The Pennies
stop claiming ya'll divas
In The Forest and
Dont Mess With Our Set

Mermroom- Ninjaz N Samuraiz
Mortal Kombat
Pink Pens
Dont F*** With Roswell and
Where's Waldo Fans

Wu Wat - C.S.I (Crime scene Investigation)

My Team

Confusedmile:

I present you ... music from all over the world. I love to listen music from different countries.

Stellamara - Szerelem

Bendeniz • Kirmizi Biber

Hasan El Moghrabi - Bedi Shofak (It means Rose in a forest. If I'm not mistaken. I used to be obsessed with the song. Such a beautiful song.)

Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki (Beautiful lyrics)

Bonjour Vietnam - Pham Quynh Anh

Juanes - Tengo La Camisa Negra

Nawal Al Zoghbi - Einaik Kaddabein (Was obsessed with this song for one whole year. Belly dancing, baby!)

SM the Ballad - Hot Times

Roberto Carlos - Eu Te Darei O Céu

Wes - Awa Awa

Wissam Murad - Ya Ard

cloud cult
mostly their early stuff is good

ok, here is a new song (or, new to me) that I really like, that is very different from what I listen to.

There was an episode of Glee that had all the performers facing hecklers. The show they performed opened with a girl singing a song I never heard before.

A quick search on the lyrics led me to the real artist, Lykke Li. The song is called "I Follow Rivers".

It's currently being used in ads for the movie Colombiana.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!