Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life-like walking female robot
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7946780.stm

Quote:Japanese scientists have unveiled a female humanoid walking robot at Tsukuba City, north east of Tokyo.
The robot, named HRP-4C, has 30 motors in its body that allow it to walk and move its arms as well as eight motors on its face to create expressions like anger and surprise.
She will also make a special appearance in a Tokyo fashion show and will go on sale for around $200,000 (£142,000).

Party Party Party A MUST SEE TO BELIEVE Party Party Party

HRP-4C I wonder is her name is an acronym for Herpes-4cu*t

These things are freaky and they give me the chills.They should at least stop making them in our likeness.

Dan1089 Wrote:These things are freaky and they give me the chills.They should at least stop making them in our likeness.
I saw it on the news. It is definitely not in my likeness Rolleyes

For what ya get I thought $200,000 was a pretty good deal, NO? Laugh2

fjp999 Wrote:For what ya get I thought $200,000 was a pretty good deal, NO? Laugh2
Sure, may I have two, please? Rolleyes

Let's just put that price into perspective...

£142,000 = 28,400 Starbucks*, or 14,200 weeks' worth of Starbucks**, or enough Starbucks to last over 273 years!! That's over FOUR lifetimes***!!

*based on a coffee and a biscuit costing circa £5,
**based on buying 2 a week
***based on the average Weegie living for say, 60 years, which is being generous...

but imagine the return on investment you get in the future when it is making a path for absolutely loads of things such as prosthetic limbs.

Its absolutely amazing what you can create with a good investment/passion behind you!

wow... o_O freaky but interesting stuff!

yar Wrote:HRP-4C I wonder is her name is an acronym for Herpes-4cu*t

RoflRoflRoflRofl

I like the way she shakes her toosh when she goes back behind the curtain Confusedmile:

Kinda reminds of the film A.i