Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifelong Bi-sexual looking to explore my gay side
So, I've been attracted to both boys and girls as long as I can remember, but closeted. I recently had my heart broken and stomped on by a woman I was with for 2 1/2 years. I now at this point in my life feel I need to explore being gay once and for all. I've had relations with guys in the past, meeting over date lines, but I never really met up with anyone I could really relate to. I've thought about going to some gay bars, but I've never been to one and don't know what to expect. I'm sorta scared to just show up and see what happens. I live in a larger city, so there are several to choose from, but I don't know where to go, how do you choose a gay bar? Anyone out there have any advice for someone like me? I don't really even know where to begin.

Have you tried joining a local networking site? Connexion.org is down now but I've heard outinamerica is pretty good.

You feel the exact same way i feel. My heart has been broken time and time again by females so now i just really want to explore my other side. Im too shy to just walk into a gay bar and start talking to random people. Maybe if i went with a friend i would feel more comfortable. Not many of my friends know im bi though.

Online dating?

98% of it is geared towards anonymous hook ups, but occasionally you come across someone looking for a LTR.

Good luck.
Smile

Sorry "LateBloomer" but not ALL gay websites are "hookup" sites. There are dozens gay social media sites out there who's purpose is about dating and meeting guys - but NOT 'hookup sites."

To be honest Sammy, you should join some of those sites and jump in the chat rooms to get insight on the gay bars in your area. To be honest, you should think about picking a different bar or 2 each weekend and decide for yourself. Most bars have a "theme" or "crowd" they target so its best to just experience them for yourself!

Part of the joy of "coming out" like you are, is to just jump into the pool and start swimming!

SammyG1234 Wrote:So, I've been attracted to both boys and girls as long as I can remember, but closeted. I recently had my heart broken and stomped on by a woman I was with for 2 1/2 years. I now at this point in my life feel I need to explore being gay once and for all. I've had relations with guys in the past, meeting over date lines, but I never really met up with anyone I could really relate to. I've thought about going to some gay bars, but I've never been to one and don't know what to expect. I'm sorta scared to just show up and see what happens. I live in a larger city, so there are several to choose from, but I don't know where to go, how do you choose a gay bar? Anyone out there have any advice for someone like me? I don't really even know where to begin.

Well, Sammy, first off, you're lucky to be living in Pittsburgh which was listed as one of the 10 gay friendliest cities in the US. And secondly, I wonder if you have any gay friends. If you have, maybe you could see if they would accompany you to those bars, or if they are patrons themselves, would they take you out on the town?
Mind you, you might not like the fare offered at gay bars, and you may feel quite uncomfortable in them, but, what the heck, try it out and see for yourself.
Good luck with finding out if you really really like it better. (or not Wink).
Take care.

SammyG1234 Wrote:(bar) I'm sorta scared to just show up and see what happens. ... but I don't know where to go ... Anyone out there have any advice for someone like me?
i can stand in crowded any bar and be the only one alone there. i guess i am just a geek but the on line stuff works better for me. connexion.org closed shop try okcupid.com
-a gay bar is no different than any, buy someone a drink and talk to them.

SammyG1234 Wrote:... I don't really even know where to begin.
are you in a hurry for this boyfriend thing? met my partner, i was his trick for the night. love finds its ways into hearts by unexpected paths.

Thank you all very much for your advise! I'm pretty much alone on this, so I really, really appreciate all of you insight!

Sleep Talker, too bad you don't live closer, I'd ask you out on a date!! Don't know if you like older guys though, I do still look 22!!!!