Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like someone with a disease
I really like someone but they have hep C which is contagious. I think it's only spread through blood and not through saliva and I think that you can't catch it from kissing.

I think about kissing him and just hugging and being close to him but then I remember that he has HepC and I worry if something were to happen and we ended up alone and things happened what I should do?

He's really nice, sincrere and all that. He is 9 years younger but i don't think that's bad
Someone please give me advice
thanks

[COLOR="Navy"]Disease doesn't have to be a deal breaker as long as you are careful. I know 2 couples that have been together for a very long time and in each case one of them has HIV. They are careful with the sexual aspects and have, to my understanding, normal and healthy sex lives. So my advice would be that if you really have feelings for this guy, go for it, but just be careful and read anything you can get your hands on about Hep. C so that you can better understand what he is going through.

I hope I helped in some way, keep us posted about any developments.
[/COLOR]
Here are some websites dealing with Hep. C
What I need to know about Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C - MayoClinic.com
CDC Division of Viral Hepatitis - Hepatitis C Information For the Public

[COLOR="Purple"]HELLO Wavey Hep C-er here!

We estimate that I had The Big C for two decades. If ya dont know your gay history this was just around the time of HIV being found... Hep C didnt even have a name yet (I think). They knew it was there... there are many more C types than just A B C now...

Condom use was mostly for straight sex against preggers. I had a couple bfs and a couple gfs all by unprotected sex and notified the friends/lovers/mates that I could and no one had the big C Pray

C is extremely rare to get thru sex. So go ahead and kiss all you want... just dont go biting and pulling blood onto your blood...

If you have any questions please ask. If you wanna go un-anon you can PM me as well.

Best of luck to you and your friend Luvkiss [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]I am sure those are great sites ll4.

If I may add my fav site for all health concerns: MedHelp.org[/COLOR]

Thanks for the info i will look at those sites it you drink out of the same straw or use the same cup or kiss can you get i t

[COLOR="Purple"]no. no. no.

It is EXTREMELY rare to get from anything but most commonly from sharing needles (the most widely infected group are in the medical field from jabbed needles).

It is not sure about how long C will live outside the body. Some believe that it will survive a long time. This means that you would not want to use the same tooth brush.

Remember, it has to be his blood to your blood. This means that he had to have an open cut and you have to have an open cut and his blood has to mix with your blood.

This is still not a guarantee of infection but pretty good idea to stay away from blood games.[/COLOR]

Seeing that its a blood to blood basis I would still take caution though. Like with sex I would still do it protected. Yeah its not seamen to blood transfer like HIV or other STDs however you don't know when he has the problem. If he keeps himself by taking his medications and is careful with things then you should be fine but you should always be cautious rather no STD or STD

My partner has hep C, and I don't. We're both HIV+. I've been positive since 1986, him since 1999..

Hep C is really really hard to get.. You have to have blood to blood contact, so as long as you're playing safe you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
The only other method of transmission that I've heard about is rampant cocaine use, sharing straws. Guys who do a lot of coke get nose bleeds, and sharing a straw with blood and virus on it can lead to infection.

So.. don't snort coke, and play safe. But that's good advice for everyone all the time.

[COLOR="Purple"]Hey boxerdc, hope you are both keeping your health in check.

The double whammy is pretty serious. Has your partner gone on hep c treatment? I treated and "cured" C but the treatment disabled me... so I went from perfect health, living with C, to "cured" and totally disabled from the docs.

Again, I want to shout it from the mountain top KEEP HEALTHY EVERYONE Bighug [/COLOR]

I am scared. I sniffed coke and shared dollar bills to snort. I think i have it :frown: