Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil Nas X at the Met Gala
Lil Nas X serving up C3PO realness...

But seriously I thought he looked pretty cool, glad he is enjoying himself regardless. Thoughts?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I am glad he has the freedom to express himself. 

I don't really have an opinion of him otherwise one way of the other. I have never heard his music and I kinda avoid tuning in to anyone who seeks alot of publicity which is why I missed most of Madonna and all of Britney Spears careers - never saw the kardashians either or the  Kanye West guy. If I hear someone's name too much then I kinda avoid them after that.

I guess some people do like being in the limelight and others not so much. I don't think I would want to seek publicity but I suppose you can get a lot even when you don't want to. Kind of an odd place to be though. I can't imagine having a million people listen to what I have to say (and make commentary about it).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I never really liked The Beatles or Elvis or Beach Boys because at the time there was way too much publicity about them BUT - I soon learned it could get alot worse.

Along came Madonna and the publicity thing exploded and it made my skin crawl when I heard her name. I think she changed the canvas when it came to publicity and overkill and it just keeps getting worse. The former president used this tool as well.

I have the same thing with alot of TV shows.

He looks stunning and makes me feel proud of gay culture. He is working. And it is paying off. My favorite part is his intentional artistry, then his sexy looks, then his actual music. All. Of. It. Is. Hot. He is fire. Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

(09-14-2021, 03:29 PM)eastofeden Wrote: I never really liked The Beatles or Elvis or Beach Boys because at the time there was way too much publicity about them BUT - I soon learned it could get alot worse.

Along came Madonna and the publicity thing exploded and it made my skin crawl when I heard her name. I think she changed the canvas when it came to publicity and overkill and it just keeps getting worse. The former president used this tool as well.

I guess I don't follow pop culture and simply ignore the masses I guess. But I am intrigued by your disdain for those who get or seek publicity. Is it the people giving the publicity or the person seeking it? Or what is done with the publicity? I guess it makes it a separate conversation altogether. I think for example, Trump, used his publicity inappropriately (I think we can all agree I'm being too kind) and perhaps Sarah McLachlan used publicity in a more positive way (ASPCA, which is an American organization that helps prevent animal abuse just for context). I'm just a curious person.

I do hate watching the news. What a dumpster fire the news is.
Check out my stuff!

(09-14-2021, 05:00 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 03:29 PM)eastofeden Wrote: I never really liked The Beatles or Elvis or Beach Boys because at the time there was way too much publicity about them BUT - I soon learned it could get alot worse.

I guess I don't follow pop culture and simply ignore the masses I guess. But I am intrigued by your disdain for those who get or seek publicity. Is it the people giving the publicity or the person seeking it? Or what is done with the publicity? I guess it makes it a separate conversation altogether. I think for example, Trump, used his publicity inappropriately (I think we can all agree I'm being too kind) and perhaps Sarah McLachlan used publicity in a more positive way (ASPCA, which is an American organization that helps prevent animal abuse just for context). I'm just a curious person.

I do hate watching the news. What a dumpster fire the news is.
@InbetweenDreams
I don't follow pop culture at all anymore which is one reason I get irritated when I know their names but don't know anything else about them. I wouldn't know the name of or recognize most actors today and they kinda all look the same to me.  I am not a fan of the decadence. 

I am guessing the artist hires someone to promote them - maybe they want to be famous? Just a guess.

@eastofeden I know that a lot of stuff today certainly seems like we're swirling the toilet bowl but the optimistic side of me says that's not always true. I do think, overall, in the case of Lil Nas X (and no, I don't know much of anything about him other than that music video) is a good thing. Gay black men have had it especially hard and only in recent times have there been more acceptance, I guess it is a cultural thing maybe? I don't pretend to be knowledgeable in that area. Anyway, I see what you're getting at.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • eastofeden

@InbetweenDreams - ^^^THIS^^^ I can agree with and applaud his bravery and his putting himself out there. 

He is opening doors that need to be opened and hopefully making it easier for people behind him. Thumbgrin