Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Sidebar Status Thingy
So in the past month or so I have finally accepted that I like boys. For whatever reason I do and I'm ok with that. I even like it a lot. Just admitting this to myself has been a huge relief that seems like it has been building forever. I'm still not comfortable with everyone in my life knowing my business though but I have told a few very very very close friends and to my surprise they really didn't think it was a big deal. but Last night I was having coffee with one and when I told him I stuttered. He's the kind of friend that there is never a silent moment we are always laughing and the conversation just flows. Then it came up and I said (in so many words) yeah so Im g- goo- gg gay.... He just laughed and said "That rules!!" great reaction i know lol but it just stuck with me how hard it was to say that. like I was letting go of something. but onto the reason for this thread. everytime i post or log on to the left is my profile picture... me. and under it it says Single Gay Man. And thats something i'm still getting used to because for so long I refused to even allow that thought the slim chance of being real. but it is and idk just seeing it like that or how i just typed it a couple lines ago... it gets easier and more natural and comfortable feeling everytime.. idk probably rambling now but thats what i'm great at. not really asking for any comments or anything but if you got em i'd love to hear them!!! kudos for even reading this far lol

Congrats on feeling comfortable with yourself. It's a long road, but it is totally worth the trip. I will never forget how relieved I felt when I finally said the words I'm gay, it was very freeing. I wish you luck on your journey. Smile

Absolutely agree. Straight people don't go through this and don't understand why coming out is such a big deal. Once I began to acknowledge, I really felt as though a HUGE weight had been lifted off my shoulders - weird and liberating feeling.

[COLOR="Blue"]that's awesome that you're getting used to it! I have a prob looking at the sidebar and seeing my age, but that's grrr. Anyways
I was the same way and it's hard to believe I came out when I was 21, it seems like yesterday (shit I'm talking like a really old man) It was hard for me to tell some people and other's it just came right out. I regret that I never told my gram, but she had Alzheimers (sp) and every time I went to see her she asked if I had a girlfriend yet so I said yes, but I guess now she knows
When did you know you were gay? I swear I knew at 5 years old, I didn't know exactly what it was but I knew there was something different about me, but all through middle and high school I was called a fag! Sometimes I wish i could go back in time and instead of denying it, I would have said, YES!!!! [/COLOR]