Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living in right time / era
So i did this thread on another forum site and it went pretty well, so do you feel you have been born in the correct time, era and country?

yes, definitely do ..........

Since there's no way to travel to travel to the stars and colonize other worlds, I think not.

OTOH, if that's something humanity never achieves then this probably is where I'd like to have lived. I don't think our species can get better than we are now and that we're likely doomed to fall back into being even worse than our species is now (even intergalactic travel may not stop that), the worse (but not worst) being the default position (and what we'd probably become globally in a month if all our toys or power plants were to mysteriously stop working).

Hmm, this is a very interesting topic. In some ways I'd definitely say I do think I was born in the incorrect time and a place, I don't always feel completed connected to current era. In a way I remedy this through writing and reading. Personally, I'm a huge medieval European nerd, and I don't mean like Game of Thrones, I'm talking about Chaucer, Malory, Norse and Icelandic saga, etc. Even most of the non-fiction I read is about medieval Europe. Also, majority lot of my writing/what I enjoy writing about takes place in times and places that aren't necessarily modern or in North America, so it's just been a natural inclination of mine and I feel like I could have been happy living in another time and place like medieval Europe, Renaissance Europe or colonial America. Thanks for the questions, it's a topic I've pondered before and always find interesting when I revisit it.

Yes, I think i was.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm fascinated by and would love to be able to observe first hand a lot of NYC history between the 1850s and the 1950s, but I don't think it would have been a better, much less enjoyable, time for me to be alive. So much of the freedoms and rights I enjoy today, I would not have had back then, being both gay and not white. That I work with people and have loved ones in my life that are disabled, I would never want to live in a time when they'd be brushed aside or worse by society. Not even to touch on how much i enjoy having acces to modern technologies, information, communication, and straight up conveniences we enjoy in this era. I think the past is interesting but I don't romanticize or idealize the past.

I mean if I had a time machine I'd be all over it, even better if I had the ability to be an invisible observer. But I don't think there's a time that I wish I could have lived in besides my own.

Personally think I would have been better served had I been born a little later than I had been... but I'm certainly very grateful that I wasn't born any earlier, for numerous reasons. Though, saying that, many of those reasons may not have existed had I been born in a less progressive time...

I feel like i should have been a child in the usa just have this weird feeling about i lol maybe its because i watched happy days repeats when a kid.

depends... i would like to live around year 1850-1950 if they had had a good healthcare Big Grin and on the other hand i wish i could be born 100-150 years later from now because i feel we are too behind in technology than we should be - thanks to the fairy tales that we lived in the dark era in sciences for 400 years...

I am the product of current times, whether I behave in accord to this. Some things can vary but a lot of what you think depends on your current environment.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]