Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living together?
I am friends with this lady and interested in her romantically (no idea if she is interested in me ). She is having trouble finding a housemate (she lives alone atm), and has discussed this with me a few times. I get the feeling she is hinting that she'd like me to live with her. It wouldn't be a problem for me to move out of my current place, as there is no minimum lease. We are both somewhat isolated, and she is one of the few people that I can call a friend right now. Would it be a bad idea to suggest that I could live with her, or should I wait for her to invite me first? Also I don't want things to get awkward if there are unreciprocated feelings. The worst scenario is things don't work and I move out. Any ideas/experience with this?

If you already have romantic feelings for this lady, it would be unwise to move in with her when you don't know for sure if she will return those feelings. You'd be heading for heartbreak...

You need to let this lady know you have romantic feelings for her before you move in. That way you can avoid the heartache if she doesn't feel the same way for you.

Good luck,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

You're a friend of her and you described the situation, so I think you can suggest this thing to her, if you think she is hinted something herself.
I understand why you are undecided but I find it a nice situation.

The only thing is, if that you're interested in a romantic way, so you need to manage this thing and see what happen. Talk with her about this.
Also I think you shouldn't insist too much, cause you're in an ok situation right now and you're in some way trying to help her, so you don't need problems for yourself.
Maybe she would reject, so nothing will change.

If she doesn't know your gay, then that's the first conversation to have. Everything else will follow from that.

ObW
X

While elves are known for their telepathic abilities (amongst many other skills) honestly we don't like to read the minds of humans. Humans minds are just not that interesting... Sorry to insult.

You have a gut feeling she is hinting.

Well you are both wrong in this case. She is wrong for using hints, you are wrong to rely on just the gut instinct that she is hinting. That ain't communication.

Yes she is most likely going to reject you. Prepare to be beaten with a stick, tied up and dragged across town behind her car and publicly tarred and feathered.

The hope for the best that maybe she might actually be keen to whatever notion you have to offer.

You need to face this and remove the doubts, and the only way to do that is to actually talk to her, ask her questions and get to know what she is thinking.

As long as you don't know what she is thinking, there is no way to know what to do.

Thanks everyone for the help. Confusedmile: We have spoken about our sexuality, we are both gay. She has been gay for a while, but I've only just acknowledged my gayness in the past 3 months (coincided with meeting her lol). I thought we could live together as we have a connection and I could learn from her about the gay community etc. I have been very shy in the past and have avoided relationships like the plague, so I don't know if I'd have the courage to be with her anyway. I have a real lack of experience with these things. I really like her, so I agree that its best to explore this side of me and slowly reveal my feelings to her. I'm afraid of losing her as I'm not good with being authentic with someone, even if I really like them. She may lose interest soon

confused Wrote:Thanks everyone for the help. Confusedmile: We have spoken about our sexuality, we are both gay. She has been gay for a while, but I've only just acknowledged my gayness in the past 3 months (coincided with meeting her lol). I thought we could live together as we have a connection and I could learn from her about the gay community etc. I have been very shy in the past and have avoided relationships like the plague, so I don't know if I'd have the courage to be with her anyway. I have a real lack of experience with these things. I really like her, so I agree that its best to explore this side of me and slowly reveal my feelings to her. I'm afraid of losing her as I'm not good with being authentic with someone, even if I really like them. She may lose interest soon

...and she might not. No one can know but her. *winks warmly*