Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockdown Achievements
that's ok! We all have days like that.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126

(04-16-2020, 08:40 PM)Mark Wrote: As the title states.. 

Countries around the world have been lockdown - and we all seem to have been impacted. 

So with that in mind, what have you been able to achieve if anything? 

For example I've actually had time to get into some books I've been meaning to read, and finally sort some of the mountain of clothing I've had to go through. 

Now the UK lockdown has been extended by a further 3 weeks I think I might upcycle a cupboard I've been meaning to get around to!

I've managed to maintain a social distance between me and the refrigerator!   Big Grin

I've also learnt how to make my own Greek style yogurt using a very simple method.  The time employed is between 12 and 24 hours but the result is delicious.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hello Peeps! I'm glad this site is back!!
I hope all are well.
My lockdown achievements? Well, I finally filed 2018 taxes. I also have to give credit to Marie Kondo for inspiring me to clean around the house.
I have tackled every room and garage but unfortunately everything I have to donate is piled up because goodwill stores and salvation army are not open.
I have also been landscaping the garden planting fruit trees, veggies and flowers.

@kjames Welcome back, buddy! Good to see you!

CellarDweller Wrote:@kjames  Welcome back, buddy!  Good to see you!
Hey CD, Thanks for letting me know that the site is back and running. Looks like they made a few changes. What happened to the short bio and profile information?
I must admit when they suddenly took the site down a few years ago I was bummed! It was just there one day and gone the next. Hope that doesn't happen again like that.  How have you been? Hope your surviving this lockdown and keeping yourself happy and safe.
-Kevin

@kjames I'm doing ok Kevin, and so is my family, thankfully! I'm able to work from home, so I should stay safe, I'm only going out when necessary.

Hope you and your family are doing ok and staying safe too!

Yeah, I was bummed when GS disappeared, but it's good to be back, and a lot of the members are coming back, so that's cool!

Chuck
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • kjames

I've been (trying) to housebreak my dogs. No luck so far. So much pee, so much poop, so little time!
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • Meebs

I am raging to today as I am closing in along with my husband on 800 hours of doing a job in my shop that I got stuck with and has taken up all of our time during this lockdown I would have rather spent doing other things. It never end GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - so frustrating. 

A quick synopsis - we had a vendor who rented space from us for almost 30 years and he has had some health problems. He is a great guy and good friend but he comes with his quirks as do we all. He has a bit of a hoarder thing going on which never really bothered me before as it wasn't anything I had to directly deal with - until now. He called us to tell us he was going to be dead "next month" and everything is ours - long story but the bottom line is he needs a full time in home nurse now and has lost the use of his legs so initially I wanted to do everything I could to help him but now I have a scream that has been stuck in my throat for about a month or so - it is endless and very tedious and I keep thinking I am almost done - and then there is MORE!

Years ago when I was bartending in a gay club and AIDS first began and I started watching everyone around me die and being helpless and trying not to cry all the time I used to go into the parking lot alot of times after work in the middle of the night and do primal screaming just to get the emotion out - it was VERY EFFECTIVE! Of course - I was in my mid 20s then and I had a strong voice. These days - I would like to try again but I would be waking everyone up and I might pop my vocal chords. Hopefully it is over soon. 

Ah - that feels better - now back to work - thanks for listening Heart

Decorated a room with the boyfriend which has become our bedroom.

Bought new PC parts to get his old PC working. Cooling isn't great and it processor is weak, but it does everything we need it to.

Took a cat for emergency dental work.

Reconnected with relatives after a death in the family.

Gaining over a stone...

Trying to be active on here.

It's been a surreal few months!
(04-20-2020, 05:48 PM)Mark Wrote: Today I spent a lot of money on items I don't really need - some were for my sister and her unborn child! So it wasn't completely selfish.
Ugh, I've been spending a lot.
But I figure only slightly more than usual as I'm not exactly going out right now!

Also, trying to ask the question "will this improve my day to day life" before purchases.
Seems to help me buy less and feel less anxious/guitlty. :p
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so
[-] The following 3 members Like Genersis's post:
  • , Bookworm, eastofeden

It's good to see you on the forum again @Genersis  Xyxwave
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • Genersis