Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockdown Achievements
That’s the thing coming out of lockdown everyone would of had all the DIY done and perfect gardens haha
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Mark's post:
  • Cridders88

Unfortunately I’m not someone who tends to clean to relieve stress or keep myself busy. There’s always another internet story I have to read... and for stress there’s chocolate.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  •

(04-25-2020, 01:37 AM)Bhp91126 Wrote: Unfortunately I’m not someone who tends to clean to relieve stress or keep myself busy. There’s always another internet story I have to read... and for stress there’s chocolate.

That’s another downside. Yesterday when the few of us popped into work we all realised we’ve gained a few pounds. The brighter side is again being a 6 floor store when we reopen that weight should just come off. I think the average daily steps I did before this was 18000 so I’m not too worried haha. So this is currently an eating what I want holiday  Big Grin
[/COLOR]

I set a goal of reading 24 books(2 per month) this year before the lockdown with my friend. During the lockdown, I got more leisure time to enjoy reading. We managed to finish our goal for the first quarter and planned to celebrate with fried chicken. Among the books I've read this year so far, Permanent Record and Find Me are my favorite.

Other than that, I started learning Italian. The grammar is quite different from that of English. Now I can combine some simple sentences like "ho un po' fame, voglio quacosa a mangare."

Aside from the goal to exercise more and lose weight (I'm closing in on 20 pounds lost as of this morning), There is one thing I finished that I actually started before the lockdown.

I was raised Catholic, and although I don't practice anymore, I still have a spiritual side, and when it's Lenten season, I do still make a Lenten sacrifice.

This year, Lent coincided with the lockdown, so I'm counting my sacrifice as an accomplishment.

Each year, instead of giving something up, I try to do something extra to make things better for others. Usually it's buying extra boxed and canned goods which I will donate to a food pantry. This year, I decided to focus on animals instead, and each shopping trip, I bought things related to pets (food, toys, litter) and I've been stocking it up. Although Easter has passed, which marks the end of Lent, I decided that my last trip (yesterday) I would get supplies for the animal shelter that they may be having a hard time getting now due to panic shopping, so I got extra trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, and a few tubes of Neosporin anti-bacterial ointment.

I believe that today they are open for donations, so I'll be dropping them off today.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 4 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126, Bookworm, Cridders88, LJay

@CellarDweller That’s pretty awesome. A lot of the time it’s places like these that will be grateful for these extra donations that maybe they wouldn’t normally get so I’m sure they will be over the moon with the extra little touches.
[/COLOR]

(04-25-2020, 03:07 PM)Mark Wrote: @CellarDweller That’s pretty awesome. A lot of the time it’s places like these that will be grateful for these extra donations that maybe they wouldn’t normally get so I’m sure they will be over the moon with the extra little touches.

I hope they will be.  I just dropped the donation off.

[Image: 94231915_10158023538082348_5529439818557...e=5EC8C287]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 5 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126, Bookworm, Cridders88, InbetweenDreams, LJay

i just gave friends a suggestion to send me songs on guitar to learn - they have to have a strong recognizable part though.
today i learned Green Day - Time Of Our Lives , and just started Johnny b Good..thats a hard one though lol

Today was one of those days when my achievements are limited to helping to prepare lunch and dinner and brushing my teeth.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

(04-29-2020, 01:28 AM)Bhp91126 Wrote: Today was one of those days when my achievements are limited to helping to prepare lunch and dinner and brushing my teeth.

My day was pretty similar. Oh and I had a shower too.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • Bhp91126