Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lonely
I guess I've been "out" for almost a year now. I've been hoping to meet a guy, but nothing's happened. I've been to a few gay parties and bars but no one ever approaches me at all. I'm far from adonis but I don't think I'm a bad looking guy. I'm not looking to fall head-over-heels for some guy I meet at a party, but I've never even danced with a guy or felt like I interest someone. One friend said it's because no one really knows I'm gay, but I think it's pretty obvious if I'm at a gay party. I'm very shy about approaching people myself and the few times that I have I've been rejected which is not exactly a self-esteem booster. It seems like the few gay friends I have always seem to get approached except me. Does this happen to anyone else? What should I do? FRUSTRATED!!!!

If parties and bars don't work for you have you thought about other gay social events or internet dating?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Ya, try internet dating, just go for coffee with a few people. It's not as much of a horror show as people make it out to be.

see if there is any LGBT clubs in your town you can find it on the net or ask friends.
internet dating is also an option.

I met a wonderful man right here in chat so you may try that. oh yes i forgot he also lives in my state only and hour from me.

best of luck to you

i tried internet dating over the summer but nothing ever worked out. there weren't many people paying for the service so i felt like i was wasting my money. i go to college in the middle of nowhere so the only LGBT events are sponsored by students. they're not many of them and those are the events that don't seem to work for me. (sorry for sounding like such a debbie downer.)

what dating sites do you guys recommend? or have any other suggestions for me?
i really appreciate your feedback!

Ya gotta do online dating a lot longer than 1 season. Sometimes on those sites you meet 5 or 6 people within a week or 2 an then there'll be 6 months where you don't hear from anyone.

Also, you gotta message people too and not just expect them to message you (says the person who should use his own advice..)

dating sites for gays for me have been a bit hard to come by.. most of them seem to be about sex and that's NOT what I'm looking for as the predicator of my relationship..

but anyway.. here's a few sites that are out there that are free:

http://www.okcupid.com
http://www.plentyoffish.com
http://www.justguys.net (iirc.. I'm at work so i'm not going to look it up..)

there's loads more out there but I don't know how many of them are free.. ya know eharmony match.com the stuff you see on TV.. but I don't know if those support LGBT either..