Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long distance relationship
Hola,

Do you believe in long-distance relationship and whether it works?

I have read of some bloggers who met their soulmate online and continue to have a online relationship (without meeting each other in person) for many months and eventually their love was a success and they met each other to proceed to get married.

I wonder whether such relationships are just once in a blue moon.

It works but just for a small percent I guess.
I thought I found my "the one" last year and months later, well... *boom!*

It doesn't work for me Smile

It works for some, and not so much for others. It takes a lot of patience and trust, you also have to be able to deal with less sex and physical contact due to the distance.

I had a friend from high school who dated her boyfriend for most of senior year, then after graduation they had to be a few states away from each other due to them attending different universities. Two years later, they're still together and seem happy as ever.

It has worked for me. We ended up parting for other reasons. Smile

I had two long distance relationships, they worked for awhile, but they were too much work.

Relationships are already hard to maintain...when you add trying to make it work over distance, travel expenses, stress, a possible move.....it makes it even harder.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

It's not for me. I almost got into one,but then bailed out due to emotional exhaustion. :frown: Interestingly enough,percentage of success is almost equal for long distance or local relationship. There are few important key though in making it a success,such as communication (obviously,lol),meeting up (for the first time-make sure to meet ASAP,as well as the next time and the next),and final game plan where you both are eventually together. There might be more,but it's certainly a lot more work than local relationship. Unless you've known that person from real life,starting an online relationship first is prone to a lot more risk like lying. Video calling could lower the risk,but meeting up is the best. If you have never had a relationship before,I'd suggest to do local relationship first. Good luck. Smile

My physical ones dont work out, but i still tried long distance haha and after 4 months it fell apart like my physical ones, i dont point the finger or blame just as long as i gave it 100% whatever the reasons i feel good about myself because if they end it wasn't because of my lack of effort. I guess it depends on the people but eventually you want that face to face interaction and when you dont get it you re-evaluate everything, it was fun but i wont ever do long distance again it drained me emotionally, so i guess based on my experience im taking the "No they dont work" side this time.

It just doesn't work!

Anonymous Wrote:Hola,

Do you believe in long-distance relationship and whether it works?

I have read of some bloggers who met their soulmate online and continue to have a online relationship (without meeting each other in person) for many months and eventually their love was a success and they met each other to proceed to get married.

I wonder whether such relationships are just once in a blue moon.

That will rather depend on how much you are ready to invest in the relationship:
the keeping in touch,
the mailing,
the e-mailing,
the texting,
the sexting (maybe?),
the phone calls,
and the real life visits...

It depends very much on what sort of absenteeism, yearning, longing you're ready to put up with too.

It works for me, but I miss my partner quite a lot when we are not together. It's just a joy every time we ARE together.
Take care, Anon.

CellarDweller Wrote:I had two long distance relationships, they worked for awhile, but they were too much work.

Relationships are already hard to maintain...when you add trying to make it work over distance, travel expenses, stress, a possible move.....it makes it even harder.

It is all a question of balance. When the efforts don't level with the satisfaction you get from the relationship, it can bring it to breaking point.