Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long distance relationships, can they really work?
I have no doubt that some people can live in a long distance relationship.

Personally I couldn't. If I couldn't be physically close to my man, something as simple as holding him in my arms while watching TV...If I couldn't share a beer and a laugh....If I couldn't hear his breath as I drift off to sleep or wake in the moring, then it would feel like I am single, I simply couldn't maintain a relationship via email, skype, phone etc.

dfiant Wrote:... I simply couldn't maintain a relationship via email, skype, phone etc.
I understand that. Being self-employed I can block out times every month when I can skip the country to be with him. All aspects of a relationship need regular nourishment Wink

I'd have to agree with all of the above comments...

Long distance relationships can definitely work out as long as there's opportunity, commitment, honesty. LDR's can be very trying on the individual, but they're unique in that they create a greater sense of longing for your partner, which makes the moments together so much sweeter (in my experience at least)

Sil Wrote:I'd have to agree with all of the above comments...

LDR's can be very trying on the individual, but they're unique in that they create a greater sense of longing for your partner, which makes the moments together so much sweeter (in my experience at least)

I think that too and that's sweet. Confusedmile:

i think the true love will help them

definitely yes...
ive been in a long distance relationship once.... and im in a long distance relationship now...
i live in Egypt... and my first boyfriend was living in Portugal.... it could have worked out but he lied to me
about some stuff and i couldnt forgive him...

now im in a relation with this amazing spanish/chinese guy living in the Philippines and its magical till now...
hopefully we will meet very soon :$ it will be for a short time this time... but im hoping we could be together forever in a few months

I really want a long distance relationship with that guy in china, but i even have no chance to do that.

mrk2010 Wrote:So guys, I was wondering do long distance relationships actually work or can survive when the individuals live at opposite ends of a country? Can meeting someone online and having an online relationship work when the two people live so far away? Yeah the two would have to meet eventually and see if they like each other etc. Obviously the two would have to have seen each other before so there weren't any stalkerish surprises or any cases of mistaken identity.

So masses of the Gayspeak forum what do you think? Can an online long distance relationship really work?

I think it all depends on the foundation of your relationship, and the love, trust and promises the two people have for each other.

My two closest friends are currently in that situation. They met each other 4 years ago and dated when they lived in NYC. One of them had to move to Oxford, UK because his immigration lawyer screwed up his case filing, while the other moved to Boston College for his Ph.D. They talked on skype every night and they take turns to visit each other whenever they can. They have been together for over 4 years now, and their relationship is still growing strong.

I hope this can give you some encouragement.

Im in a LDR right now and as it standds its probably the best thing for me. Im going to be deployed soon, and my boyfriend would not be able to handle that, as it stands he is having a hard time knowing where ill be going.
Also the fact that he is underage plays apart. he is 17 and the temptation to do things would be too much for either of us. when he turns 18 and graduates high school we decided he will move down to live with me.
I think the fact that we are spending so much time apart just goes to prove to eachother how much we are willing to sacrifice. Im in my prime so to speak and im abstaining completely, despite the urges and desires i dont even hug people very often.
If youre sure of something you should go for it and pursue it with everything you have. I plan on marrying my boyfriend, but its going to be difficult for me to come out, Ive always been the surprise type, so i figure ill just marry him then bring him to meet my family on a vacation or something ^_^

rakmatis Wrote:... i figure ill just marry him then bring him to meet my family on a vacation or something ^_^
Would your family not like to be part of the celebration?