Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long term jobless / scared of meeting people
as much of a cliche' as this may be, that when the Power closes a door, it opens a window somewhere

I've seen it over and over brother, in my own life. it may not be much consolation... it was hard for me to wrap my mind around

I don't want to just repeat old cliches. I can tell you that in my own life I was about to give up a couple times... and damned if there wasn't an opportunity right around the corner I might have missed if I had

best

What is your degree in? I'm not being critical, but you sound just like my future brother-in-law. He likes the idea of work, but when he actually is tasked with something, he gets physically sick and it'll take him weeks before he finds the motivation to work again. I also don't to evaluate your life, but was there a moment in your life where you became very anxious and never recovered from it? My sister's therapist (which there is nothing wrong with having one) told her that people go through an anxious point in their childhood, and unless you can get it under control then, it'll affect your adult life. I got through mine, and so did my sister, but my brother-in-law did not. And it is a constant struggle for him to live.

Your desire to work is a good start, but clearing up your personal issues is the only way to stay in the job that you manage to find.

Looking forward to your response. I hope I and this forum can help you out.

My degree is in Scandinavian Studies. Pretty much worthless.
It's not that I am scared of work per se. If I work on something (privately), I can be quite a workaholic about it. My issue is with bosses, colleagues, contracts, clients, regulations, etc.. being bound to a company, doing something against my morals, all that.

Sure, I was being bullied at school, and my father has psycho issues, both affects me until today. Most of my fears derive from these 2 factors, the bullying and my very strict and choleric dad.

I guess I will be fine once I'm "in", but it's the "getting there" that is the bad part for me. Job interviews.. horror, especially when you have nothing useful to be proud of.

So, I'm in this gay group, and tonight one of the guys told about his challenging and well paid job.
I just wanted to leave.

I don't think I can be friends with anyone who works as I'd expect everyone to look down upon me.
I don't know where to find real friends anymore.

Aquarius Wrote:I have the same issue anyway, I don't feel confident enough for the tough job world.
I constantly hear people moaning about their job, about having to work, about their boss being their enemy, about how hard it is to keep up a life besides the job... this isn't helping. I'm not tough enough for this world, I'm afraid. I'm just thankful and relieved that financially I can live a decent life for now, even though I can't go on holidays as most of my friends do.

I'm guilty of this, I'm afraid.

But let it be said, that I love my job, despite the overload of things to do, the harpy of a boss and the demands of it. I still love what I do and no amount of crap will ever take that from me.

Yes it consumes your time and energy, but most people find a nice balance and make it functional.

I don't think anyone is particularly ready for the world of work until they dive into it. You learn along the way, make a few mistakes, but you get through.

Now, not everyone has to be cut out for the conventional work world.

So why not work into something not so structured?

Something like, if you can bake? Why not make stuff and sell that bakery?

Doesn't have to follow a super tight demanding structure, just doing stuff in your own pace, something you like and something you can make money out of.

Think about it
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]