Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look whast happens when we cut down too many trees
This could be the dreadful future if the nations of the world continue their wanton destruction of forests.

A cynic, however, might think that the tree is analogous to productive tax payers in this country.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

There are more trees in Europe and in North America than there were in 1890.

I for one am one person who personally planted thousands of those fucking seedlings in reforestation projects of the middle/late 20th century.

Secondly, most of the wood used by the Western Nations is pine, fir to be exact, and that comes predominately from tree farms or from carefully selected second growth forests.

The predominate issue with loss of trees is in Central America and South America where jungles are being burnt to the ground for crop land.

That ass wipe paper by your toilet, is refuse from the lumber mill that your house is most likely built from which is predominately fir planted specifically for its fast growth in farms.

The myth of loss of forests due to mans untamed lumbering for the wood used in most things is a myth.

Even oak and Elder and Popular and Hazel (popular hardwoods used in furniture and other products) come from tree farms more than they do from old growth forests.

Teak, Ironwood, and other tropical hardwoods are being taken down and are by products of farming (agriculture) not true lumbering as what devastated Europe and North America during the 17th, 18th and 19th and the first half of the 20th centuries.

When asked paper or plastic the next time you shop, you better ask for paper, as the paper bags are 50% recycled paper from pulp mills that get 80% of the pulp they use from recycled lumber from construction and from the saw wastes of sawmills that produce lumber for building materials. Plastic comes from one use only oil wells and then is released into nature and does not biodegrade, instead ends up in landfills or worse in the oceanic gyres. The other 50% are leaving from other wood industries where in the Western (northern) nations 90-95% of the wood comes from carefully selected forests (which are allowed to regrow naturally) or from tree farms.

Paper and wood are renewable resources, and are renewed. To the point where there is more forests in the norther continents now that there have been in over 150 years. And that number is increasing with the restoration of 'natural' habitats over reforestation projects which were all more or less exercises in futility as 75% of the seedlings died as nature has a process that she must go through to achieve healthy reforestation.

It Seems my Know it all Bowyn knows it all. ;3

But I will say, it's not just Trees thats the issue, but the general mind set people have regarding nature,"Oh its fine, it'll bounce back" however not everyone, but a good many do.

We've improved as a whole since by gone Era's , but obviously all is not balanced.

Dont mind the ramblings of this young Sylph ;3

I've always wondered what would people do, if when they threw trash in the water, a giant plastic bag appeared in their bath or something.

Sylph Wrote:But I will say, it's not just Trees thats the issue, but the general mind set people have regarding nature,"Oh its fine, it'll bounce back" however not everyone, but a good many do.

Yep...not like were running out of green here, but I've seen heavy deforestation nearby..it does bother me as to why are companies so easily getting permission to cut off large chunks of forest.....I thought we had laws about it..

my guess is, they don't have permits, and whatever money they make out of building and selling houses is more than enough to pay the fine...ugh...:frown: