Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking but can't find them?
I am 23, and engaged to my partner of three going on four years. I have friends around me but I can't seem to find any online friends... my fiancé has a few and was talking to then last night, and I just kind of felt left out.... so is anyone up for chatting? I had to recreate my GS account so I'm not sure if I have enough post to PM back but you can PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I do

Congratulations

For what? Haha

Sorry hit the thanks by accident

Chat?

So are you really looking for a friend or you are looking for a chat buddy who you can call your "friend" to fill the empty periods of your life with meaningless chatter?

Its a serious question, one you most likely should ask yourself amongst others:
What is your real motivation here for seeking a chat buddy? To kill time, to fill an empty void you perceive.

Do you think you are 'missing out' on something because your fiancee has chat buddies and spends time with them?

Or is it that you feel that you are somehow less of a person because you do not have online friends?

Friendships just happen when they happen, I do not think they can be forced.

And the word 'Friend' has been so badly abused and misused. Most people in your life are merely an acquaintance not a real friend.

I have a few online 'friends' who come very close to being real friends - Still trying to figure out the particulars of each relationship. I even have a couple three which I do consider to be 'true friends'... These relationships were not forced, neither they nor I 'begged' for friendship.

In each case there was no actively seeking to be buddies - it just happened. We had some common interest, starting talking and things grew from there.

Other than men, what other hobbies/interests do you have? Perhaps if you find a forum where you share similar interests with others you will eventually strike up conversations with individuals who share even more of the same interest and conversations lead to one thing than another.

I'm not saying it won't happen here. It can, you could post something interesting on a thread and a person reads it then sends you a PM and the conversation starts and the next thing you know you have an online friend.

BTW its 50 posts before you can send PMs and do other things. I would suggest using the Word Games forum to boost the number of posts you make. Words games such as the Banning thread, this or that, all fun and very informative about the individuals at the same time. We get glimpses of the inner workings of each other.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Chat?

So are you really looking for a friend or you are looking for a chat buddy who you can call your "friend" to fill the empty periods of your life with meaningless chatter?

ME--OWWW!!!!
[Image: angry-cat-o.gif]

i swear you've posted the same thing at least three times ...
either message someone or go in the chatroom if you want to talk to people ...

Come guys be niceFacepalm rmf, just jump in and eventually you will click with someone.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Harsh as Bowyn's post is, he makes some excellent suggestions. Just dive into the threads. Let people know who are, etc.

Loneliness is a bitch. We're all here because we're lonely in one way or another.

MisterTinkles Wrote:ME--OWWW!!!!
[Image: angry-cat-o.gif]

Oh I'm sorry, I forget that brutal honesty can hurt sometimes.

Hmm. Really I do apologize if that came off as mean spirited, that was not my intent, my intent was to cause RMF to do some serious soul searching as to 'why' he feels a need for an online friend.