Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking but can't find them?
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh I'm sorry, I forget that brutal honesty can hurt sometimes.

Hmm. Really I do apologize if that came off as mean spirited, that was not my intent, my intent was to cause RMF to do some serious soul searching as to 'why' he feels a need for an online friend.

Im just messin wit ya!

That was meant to be funny!!!

Sorry.

Seems my "laugh meter" is due for a overhaul.

MisterTinkles Wrote:ME--OWWW!!!!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Chat?

So are you really looking for a friend or you are looking for a chat buddy who you can call your "friend" to fill the empty periods of your life with meaningless chatter?

Its a serious question, one you most likely should ask yourself amongst others:
What is your real motivation here for seeking a chat buddy? To kill time, to fill an empty void you perceive.

Do you think you are 'missing out' on something because your fiancee has chat buddies and spends time with them?

Or is it that you feel that you are somehow less of a person because you do not have online friends?

Friendships just happen when they happen, I do not think they can be forced.

And the word 'Friend' has been so badly abused and misused. Most people in your life are merely an acquaintance not a real friend.

I have a few online 'friends' who come very close to being real friends - Still trying to figure out the particulars of each relationship. I even have a couple three which I do consider to be 'true friends'... These relationships were not forced, neither they nor I 'begged' for friendship.

In each case there was no actively seeking to be buddies - it just happened. We had some common interest, starting talking and things grew from there.

Other than men, what other hobbies/interests do you have? Perhaps if you find a forum where you share similar interests with others you will eventually strike up conversations with individuals who share even more of the same interest and conversations lead to one thing than another.

I'm not saying it won't happen here. It can, you could post something interesting on a thread and a person reads it then sends you a PM and the conversation starts and the next thing you know you have an online friend.

BTW its 50 posts before you can send PMs and do other things. I would suggest using the Word Games forum to boost the number of posts you make. Words games such as the Banning thread, this or that, all fun and very informative about the individuals at the same time. We get glimpses of the inner workings of each other.

Im just curious but do you always over analyze these situations? Im not trying to be sarcastic, its a real question. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes people just want to make friends and not have any other underlying or ulterior motives.

So, I'm in the chat room alot, and I never see you around RMF :/ I've only seen you on there once or twice. Come in next time Smile Feel free to PM me or anything, I'm always up for a good chat about things.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:Im just curious but do you always over analyze these situations? Im not trying to be sarcastic, its a real question. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes people just want to make friends and not have any other underlying or ulterior motives.

Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, yes. However in this case no. Why do I say no? because the feelings he has over his Fiancee having online friends.

"my fiancé has a few and was talking to then last night, and I just kind of felt left out"

That feeling of being left out needs to be explored. He expressed his motivation which was not 'I just want some friends' there is something that peturbs him about his Fiancee having online friends, but not himself.

Over analyze? Not really, I only spent about 10 minutes thinking about the post. Over analyzing would be me spending 45 minutes or more thinking about that little message.

Now as to you... What causes you to feel that what you wrote would automatically be considered sarcastic? How is the relationship between your mother and yourself? We will start with the mother since most of these sorts of cases are deeply related to the mother..... Wink