Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Advice and Experience
Hi everyone,
I won't go into too many details because honestly it's a daunting story, but basically I'm looking for some advice on trust. I am in a relationship where trust was broken and I don't know if I can get it back. It's been broken more than once, which I know should tell me the answer, but most times it has been about small things where the truth didn't come out. We are currently taking some time apart and trying to reconnect, but I'm not sure if I can or will be able to trust him again. He's fully committed to working on it (as he said previous times) and does show me that, but the constant worry of wondering if I know the whole truth always bothers me. I'm looking for advice or especially people who have been in situations where trust was broken and rebuilt or if that ever works. Is it possible to rebuild trust, or is the effort of trying more effort than it's worth. Thanks in advance!

Trust is like "Credit" (credit cards credit bureau )

With consistent effort..
You can rebuild it.

Communicating and forgiveness seems to be key ingredients for re-building trust, and lets not forget about faith!?
If you are trying desperately to re-gain trust it works better when there is faith present.
Example... no point in re-gaining someone's trust if they want you to fail.

Vague response to a vague opening post..

Hope it helped.

Two things....

He needs to get in touch with WHY he chooses to omit/lie when trust is required. I suspect an underlying issue with these types of people and they need to figure out why they do what they do,.

I have been in your situation..and for me...sorry doesn't cut it, I need you to explain to me why you did what you did...and in order to do that..you gotta know yourself....or get to know yourself. Once you explain to me...trust is restored and you are forgiven. That is just my personality though...

The second thing...when/if you do work something out..you can never hang it over his head again..you need to let it go. This is important......