Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help
"Research"? Or elaborate?

ivorybenz Wrote:writers like actors, MUST do their research before they start working (writing).
Research? Or do you mean elaboration? Writers should take more courses in school to gain more imagination? Sounds absurd, don't you agree?

I photographed a lesbian wedding once in a beautiful church. The "bride" in all white lace and the "groom" in black tails. A bassoon, cello and violin. Lovely, beautiful service. The reception afterward was hosted by the Christian Bikers Association, so all these huge, burly, hairy, bearded dudes in leathers and patches and tattoos rolled in two by two by about 40 total and delivered the most elegant, feminine reception! Lace doilies, very nice music, tea cakes, etc. And all the bikers were standing around the room holding champagne glasses with their pinkies standing out beaming with such warm, inviting smiles as the wedding party entered. It was all overwhelming and beautifully bizarre. The church was filled with large works of fine art and the continuum of divergence converged into quite an impressive soiree.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to comment so far with some useful stuff Smile
It's amazing that you guys are willing to share this with me and I really appreciate it.
(Also thanks for the back up from the more negative ones)

I may PM a few of you for more details or just to chat.

Thanks so much Smile

freelandia Wrote:Research? Or do you mean elaboration? Writers should take more courses in school to gain more imagination? Sounds absurd, don't you agree?

sorry I havent responded to you. but yes I do agree but theres a degree of imagination and "research" that equals out. you need both to be a great writer but I see nothing wrong with what shes doing here.

We have no problem with her being here; however, she will be writing a fictional story. If she had said biography, we would have kept our mouth shut. It's not something to debate about because art is subjective. We prefer our fiction to be one percent reality based. We avoid the literal. We detest "inspired" stories because of its deceptive quality. We applaud the Rousseau-esque approach in art and that trickles down to fiction.