Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for...
I am a big reader. Since I dont have much money I mostly do my reading on free websites that like Nifty.

Anyone read any long lasting stories there that they would recommend. I need to find something to read.

Do you have a library nearby? Go molest their fantasy section!!!

How about "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire?

MisterTinkles Wrote:Do you have a library nearby? Go molest their fantasy section!!!

How about "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire?

Okay, first. Your signature captured me hypnotically for a full minutes. I sat at my screen, chanting: "whatwhatwhatwhatwhat", looking incredibly dumb I'm sure. It's dark magic.

Second,

mbennet35 Wrote:I am a big reader. Since I dont have much money I mostly do my reading on free websites that like Nifty.

Anyone read any long lasting stories there that they would recommend. I need to find something to read.

I would recommend Divergent by Veronica Roth.

watching brad or taking care of jason

MrT, your signature made me feel dizzy and want to throw up after about 20 seconds Fuzz

ObW
X

Not sure what you are into story wise...

http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/ is one such example of libraries throwing their collections to the digital winds.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ Free Gutenberg Project. Gutenberg invented english or something that deals with writing - perhaps he invented the Kindle? Category selection is found here: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Category:Bookshelf

I still prefer the old dry structure in the middle of town that requires a special card to grab books. It is called the Public Library.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I still prefer the old dry structure in the middle of town that requires a special card to grab books. It is called the Public Library.

I in fact still use the library but I am limited on the times I can get into town. I live way out in the country and it takes about an hour to walk to town and I do not want to do that in the cold. So I use to internet to read some stuff. And you should see my bookselves overflowing with real books.

mbennet35 Wrote:And you should see my bookselves overflowing with real books.

Hehe... no sympathy for you from me, I have my own problems! Gah! I designed/built custom shelves to make use of every square inch of space and wish I hadn't incorporated a large duck hunting scene mirror - I could have added more books. Help! They are taking over my life! :tongue:

mbennet35 Wrote:I in fact still use the library but I am limited on the times I can get into town. I live way out in the country and it takes about an hour to walk to town and I do not want to do that in the cold. So I use to internet to read some stuff. And you should see my bookselves overflowing with real books.

Definite date - I love books.. oh wait, wrong thread :biggrin:

I don't know in your area, but here in California in order to compete with the interwebs the library can be an online experience, not only can you look up books on the card catalog , they will now mail books to your house.

Recently the whole state integrated the library system, now I can get a book from the San Francisco Public Library way out here in no-man's land.

Perhaps your local library system has stepped into the 21st century?

Kumawool Wrote:Okay, first. Your signature captured me hypnotically for a full minutes. I sat at my screen, chanting: "whatwhatwhatwhatwhat", looking incredibly dumb I'm sure. It's dark magic.

Glad I wasn't the only one lol.