Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lose Weight/Excercise
[MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION]

I think opening a thread about was a good idea...I tend to branch off the initial topic, not intentionally anyway....

So It would be nice if I did lose weight... If I go by the BMI standards I'm about 75 lbs overweight. Not sure that I need to weigh 165 but that's supposed to be a healthy weight for my height...

I think starting off doing some basic things like push-ups, crunches and using dumbbells would be a good start, but I figure you and others would probably have some good advice.

Right now I want to stick to staying at home doing things right now. We do have gyms, but nothing like what you expect in the city and I really don't want to spend any more money getting a gym membership.

Trying to watch some of the things I eat. There for a while I was getting too much in the habit of getting crap out of the vending machine...and eating fast food... I have started bringing lunch and while some of it probably aren't the best choices it is certainly better than going to Burger King or whatever.

I figure that is a good start.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:[MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION]

I think opening a thread about was a good idea...I tend to branch off the initial topic, not intentionally anyway........
Thanks for starting the thread. I'm literally on my way out the door to the gym as I write. I'm going for a long walk after that so won't have time to reply to this for a few hours. But, yeah... this can be an on-going discussion anyone here can participate in. ... More later...

I've had really good weight loss/maintenance by eating a proper amount of food per meal. If you eat out (in America,) you will be given about twice as much food as you should eat. I took to only eating 1/2 to 3/4 of what was on the plate. And only 1/4 to 1/3 of any fried foods given (such as french fries.)

I've been loosing weight steadily for 2 years now, only to regain a bunch in the last 7 months with extra eating because my boyfriend eats at odd hours and I try to be polite and join him. No more waffles at 2 in the morning.

i just need to be consistent. I would lose the weight then something happens and I fall off the wagon...at present, it's more of maintenance although I can feel my pants starting to get tighter. :/

My problem with eating is that I woof everything down... So I can eat quite a lot... except now I think it is starting to cause stomach problems, but I think trying to adjust my diet and exercise may just help that whole thing....

Staying consistent has been a problem for me as well... There's not really a "medium" with me either I'm all about it or I forget it... But having a normal schedule with work I think will help that out...just getting me up at 5:15 AM (I got to be at work at 8 lol) is going to be key.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Axel, I went through this about three years ago. I weighed in at almost 300 lbs. I lost 80 in a 7-8 month period just by cutting way back on salt , sweets, and walking at a brisk pace twice a day. It took a while but I have managed to keep the weight off for over 2 years. Still have 30 to go (even though I think I would look unhealthy at 190 lbs). I was pre diabetic and had extremely high blood pressure and all that went away with the weight loss. And......this was happening while still eating fast food (Taco Bell) but just watching what I ate and cutting way back on portion size. Taking time to eat slowly also helps. Worked for me! Good luck!
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

[MENTION=19206]CarGuy65[/MENTION] I know one thing that would help is if I cut out the Coke...I did it once before...I could swear they put something extra in it that isn't being disclosed. The stuff is truly addictive.

I think if I started with just getting rid of that and just replace it with water I'll be fine... Unfortunately not that crazy about tea....there are some teas I will drink but not sure if I could get used to it... People about have a heart attack when I tell them I don't care for tea lol.
Check out my stuff!

Axel, I do not drink tea or coffee (taste makes me gag). My "coffee" is diet Pepsi which I know is bad for you but i will not give it up! I got used to diet drinks about 20 years ago and cannot drink regular soda as it is way too sweet. I have noticed that diet Dr. Pepper (my second choice) taste extremely close to regular Dr. Pepper. You may try that. I also pound down about 64 oz. of water per day and that helps a lot. If you have any questions just ask and I will try to help. Paul
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

axle2152 Wrote:[MENTION=19206]CarGuy65[/MENTION] I know one thing that would help is if I cut out the Coke...I did it once before...I could swear they put something extra in it that isn't being disclosed. The stuff is truly addictive.

I think if I started with just getting rid of that and just replace it with water I'll be fine... Unfortunately not that crazy about tea....there are some teas I will drink but not sure if I could get used to it... People about have a heart attack when I tell them I don't care for tea lol.

First highlighted sentence: Nope, just sugar and caffeine. Fattening (the first) and addictive both on their own.

Second Highlighted sentence: Repeat after me. Tea is LIFE! Big Grin

seriously man, tea is all sorts of great. Try Earl Grey.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

lol Dr. Pepper is a no go for me... can't stand diet drinks either... I think if I prepare myself mentally I can knock out the coke... I quit smoking 18 months ago cold turkey and I figure if I can quit smoking I think I can quit sugary drinks. I'm convinced that the sugar is what is causing me to gain weight.

I can do some things about the food. I eat oatmeal, plain with cinnamon and some dried cranberries and then I take my lunch and if I do eat out I try to stick to salads or something like a chicken sandwich....I splurge here and there... Eating slow is quite a problem for me though and probably something that would really help with a lot of things...

I guess the other thing is getting some kind of plan for things I can do besides run on the treadmill. I have a couple of dumbbells that's it...
Check out my stuff!