Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Weight
May I suggest to you the diabetic diet? As diabetic, we watch sugar intake everyday, every minutes, every seconds. While training my students for martial, that is the diet I propose them while doing exercise and so far it has shown very good results. But of course this also mean that, you cannot cheat, skip or ignore one day of your diet or it will have repercussions. For me as a diabetic I'll start feeling weak or fainting, for you, it will just be a new downfall to the tasty hell of chips and sodas LOL.

bluedragon Wrote:Thanks for your reply Jake Smile

My current weight is 100kg and my acceptable weight is 70kg.
I'm doing brisk walking on treadmill because I have difficulty running or cycling.
Furthermore, I tend to watch videos on my Ipod while walking so that I dun feel bored and give up.

I want to lose weight because it helps to boost my self-esteem. Smile
Also, I have difficulty finding clothes for my size in shops. Losing weight will solve this problem too. Smile

I'm going to give you a link shortly with an application that will allows you to record and check your weight and eating habits. That's the very same software I'm using to train my students. This is a old software but I don't mind sharing with you and other people who'll snatch it from your thread LOL. But if you have any question, please ask. Just wait for my next post. I'll leave the software in for three days, afterward it will be removed. That's what I can do to assist you. If you are dedicated in loosing weight, I want to help. But not just by telling you what you should or shouldn't do because my metabolism doesn't gain weight and what I do in a daily basis may not apply to you, but I know how to transform a sack of fat into a pack of muscle without the need of hitting the gym everyday.

First rule: You didn't gain that fat over night, do not expect to lose that fat overnight.

Which is to say that you most likely slowly heaped on the pounds of fat over years, you should seek to remove it in like manner.

I believe the ideal weight loss is along the lines of 1-3 kg a month for the average healthy person. I think in Imperial measurements because I am opposed to foreign rulers -Wink 1 pound a week (0.45 KG) is what I have learned to be the 'ideal' goal to aim for in weight loss.

HOWEVER: if you have a preexisting condition you may have to lose weight more or less - that is where you get a check-up with your doctor and cover the whole 'I want to slim down' thing with doctor.

For instance I had to deal with Bob's diet and balance out needs of heart, blood sugar and blood pressure and coumadin levels (Vitamin K) and to make it even more interesting Bob's doctor told me to aim for 1-2 pounds a month weight loss too. Because: Doctors are pricks and expect miracles. :biggrin:

No the reality was Bob was obese, in active and unhealthy. Losing too much weight rapidly with diabetes, blood pressure and heart issues would have killed him.

I managed to get him in the 1.5 pounds of loss of fat per month range. I didn't do much special aside from raise the volume of food to the calories ingested. I did things like substitute oil with no sugar added applesauce to the muffins I made, and reducing the sugar content by 1/2 to only 1/4 (Mind using sugar substitute because diabetes). Just the replacement of oil meant about a loss of 400 calories for 6 muffins, or a loss of 66 calories per muffin.

The old man complained I was feeding him too much, but each time he went to doctor the report was a steady, healthy loss of weight... I was feeding him large volume, but lower calories.

As for sagging skin. That is more or less a problem of elasticity and how much your skin has been stretched out. I doubt there is a weight calculator that can estimate or predict how much skin sag will take place, because different people pack on the pounds in various forms - some people its mostly the sub dermal lighter fat that takes up lots of space, others it is the heavier, denser intramuscular 'brown fat'.

Age is another factor, the older one gets the less able the skin is to 'spring back' into shape.

And its not just fat that can overstretch skin. Plenty of body-builders who spend their youthful years with massive muscles get to sagging majority later in life as their muscle dwindle.

here it is Blue https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylwpxmwtlkgvte...04.7z?dl=0

Three days and it's gone Smile

Have question ask me Smile

bluedragon Wrote:Furthermore, I tend to watch videos on my Ipod while walking so that I dun feel bored and give up.

This seems slightly dangerous...

Plus, with this attitude of "losing weight for the simple sake of losing weight", you might see results in the short term, but what's sure as hell is that you're going to regress very quickly once you reach your "goal" weight or even before then.

You really need to consider finding an outside activity you actually enjoy or at least try to enjoy walking. I suggest leaving the electronics at home and starting to appreciate the great outdoors a little more. Maybe even bring a book with you and walk to a predetermined destination some ways away to read for a bit.

Just in general, don't watch videos while you're walking... it isn't safe.

I wish i could put on weight, sometimes i hate how skinny i look, i struggle to get past 9 stone, my ideal man is fat and happy.

Weight has been an issue for me my whole life. Good weight loss is slow and sustainable. Fad diets don't usually work because they don't actually change your eating habits for the long term just the short term. That's why you have lots of people with yo-yoing weight because they start on a low carb diet lose the few pounds they want gone then go back to eating how they were before and gain it all back.

You have to find a healthy diet that you can stick to for the rest of your life to keep the weight off and to continue to be healthy. Eating in moderation is always good.

Also muscle weighs more than fat so if you start working out with weights expect to gain some weight but that is okay because having more muscle means you burn more energy meaning that you will lose more fat when you workout and the fuel you feed your body will go to feed your new muscles. If you do start to lift weights you need to eat protein because protein helps to build muscles.

MikeW Wrote:Yes, but you also need to educate yourself so you know what you are doing and why. Or, at least have a general idea.

My guess from what you've written is you need to 1) include more proteins and healthy fats in your diet; 2) reduce the amount of carbohydrates you're consuming -- especially the simpler ones such as fruits. Fruits are good for you but they are better used as snacks when you need a quick energy pick-me-up. Do not drink fruit juices. Fruit in its natural state has a lot of fiber which makes the carbs digest more slowly, a good thing plus we need fiber in our diet. Juices are basically just "sugar" -- with, perhaps, some vitamins and minerals. In any case, eat whole fruit. Increase your protein (usually meat) intake. Try to reduce the amount of carbohydrates (such as rice) that you consume relative to proteins and fats.

Why don't you do an experiment? I don't care HOW you do it -- run 5 miles a day, starve yourself -- whatever you want. But the experiment is this -- trying your hardest through any means you can, find out how much 'weight' you CAN loose in one week. So, tomorrow morning weigh yourself -- but don't weigh yourself again for seven days. And in the mean time, try your damnedest to loose as much weight as you possibly can by any means you can think of.

Note this is just an experiment -- I'm NOT suggesting you keep whatever you do up for more than 7 days. We just want to see what happens when you do something extreme.

Also, take careful notes of WHAT you do exactly -- what you eat, when, how much -- what you do, when, how much -- etc.

Seriously, it will be interesting. Xyxthumbs

Ok sure, will try experimenting Smile Thanks Smile

Jake Wrote:May I suggest to you the diabetic diet? As diabetic, we watch sugar intake everyday, every minutes, every seconds. While training my students for martial, that is the diet I propose them while doing exercise and so far it has shown very good results. But of course this also mean that, you cannot cheat, skip or ignore one day of your diet or it will have repercussions. For me as a diabetic I'll start feeling weak or fainting, for you, it will just be a new downfall to the tasty hell of chips and sodas LOL.

Jake Wrote:I'm going to give you a link shortly with an application that will allows you to record and check your weight and eating habits. That's the very same software I'm using to train my students. This is a old software but I don't mind sharing with you and other people who'll snatch it from your thread LOL. But if you have any question, please ask. Just wait for my next post. I'll leave the software in for three days, afterward it will be removed. That's what I can do to assist you. If you are dedicated in loosing weight, I want to help. But not just by telling you what you should or shouldn't do because my metabolism doesn't gain weight and what I do in a daily basis may not apply to you, but I know how to transform a sack of fat into a pack of muscle without the need of hitting the gym everyday.

Ok sure thanks Jake Smile

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:First rule: You didn't gain that fat over night, do not expect to lose that fat overnight.

Which is to say that you most likely slowly heaped on the pounds of fat over years, you should seek to remove it in like manner.

I believe the ideal weight loss is along the lines of 1-3 kg a month for the average healthy person. I think in Imperial measurements because I am opposed to foreign rulers -Wink 1 pound a week (0.45 KG) is what I have learned to be the 'ideal' goal to aim for in weight loss.

HOWEVER: if you have a preexisting condition you may have to lose weight more or less - that is where you get a check-up with your doctor and cover the whole 'I want to slim down' thing with doctor.

For instance I had to deal with Bob's diet and balance out needs of heart, blood sugar and blood pressure and coumadin levels (Vitamin K) and to make it even more interesting Bob's doctor told me to aim for 1-2 pounds a month weight loss too. Because: Doctors are pricks and expect miracles. :biggrin:

No the reality was Bob was obese, in active and unhealthy. Losing too much weight rapidly with diabetes, blood pressure and heart issues would have killed him.

I managed to get him in the 1.5 pounds of loss of fat per month range. I didn't do much special aside from raise the volume of food to the calories ingested. I did things like substitute oil with no sugar added applesauce to the muffins I made, and reducing the sugar content by 1/2 to only 1/4 (Mind using sugar substitute because diabetes). Just the replacement of oil meant about a loss of 400 calories for 6 muffins, or a loss of 66 calories per muffin.

The old man complained I was feeding him too much, but each time he went to doctor the report was a steady, healthy loss of weight... I was feeding him large volume, but lower calories.

As for sagging skin. That is more or less a problem of elasticity and how much your skin has been stretched out. I doubt there is a weight calculator that can estimate or predict how much skin sag will take place, because different people pack on the pounds in various forms - some people its mostly the sub dermal lighter fat that takes up lots of space, others it is the heavier, denser intramuscular 'brown fat'.

Age is another factor, the older one gets the less able the skin is to 'spring back' into shape.

And its not just fat that can overstretch skin. Plenty of body-builders who spend their youthful years with massive muscles get to sagging majority later in life as their muscle dwindle.

Thanks Arrow , I'll lose my weight in a slow process Smile